White Hot (Mystery)

February 17 2006 at 10:51 AM
Sandra Brown  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

m0743245539_l

White Hot
by Sandra Brown
Buy book: $16.34

When she hears that her younger brother Danny has committed suicide, Sayre Lynch relents from her vow never to return to Destiny, the small Louisiana town in which she grew up. She plans to leave immediately after the funeral, but soon finds herself drawn into the web cast by Huff Hoyle, her controlling and tyrannical father, the man who owns the townÂ’s sole industry, an iron foundry, and in effect runs the lives of everyone who lives there.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Re: White Hot (Mystery)

February 20 2006, 7:01 PM 

This is going to be my second book in a roll. My town Library has this book too, but again all the copys are borrow out. I wonder if anyone from the last mystery book club are going to read this one too.

White Hot, sounds good. Do you know that I'm just getting too good for this. I have just read what's here about the book and then I read the book jacket. I thought to myself that this book going to be a more then just a seems. I don't believe that Danny committed suicide, and you know what, I'm right. I find out because that's what it said in the book jacket. Funny is it? That I can guess that going to happen and I'm right.

I never in my life, that I know of, have made fun of anyone to there face or talking about them with friends. All my friends and my self, know what's feels like to be made fun of. I'm trying to think if there was anyone that I have made fun of, you know what? I can remember someone, it was a teacher from my high school. He was what you call a square head. He would have be like a cartoon scientist, but made live. You know the type, square head, not much hair, talks slowing, and talks to himself. And what made it more hard for him, was that he was a science and maths teacher. But I can say, that I have never made his life hard in anyway. So, I wonder what Slap has to do with anything? I'm as lost as Beck Merchant is.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

White Hot -

February 20 2006, 11:27 PM 

Really enjoyed the descriptive writing in the prologue - this book looks to be promising but my library does not have yet, but is on order so will read it later - did fnd couple other books by this author via the website that sounded of interest to me - so will have to check them out first -

Respond to this message   

(no login)

hi Zoe

February 21 2006, 5:34 AM 

Hi Zoe - I am enjoying your comments on the books. White Hot is one that I have already read and enjoyed. I just wanted to tell you that at most libraries if the book you want is checked out you can put your name on a waiting list for it and they will hold it for you and let you know when it is your turn. This is helpful when it is a new book by a well-known author. At least you know you'll get it eventually.

Respond to this message   
Irene
(no login)

missing reads

February 21 2006, 8:40 AM 

I just received yesterday`s and today`s reads. I don`t know what has happened but the fact remains that I am glad they have arrived because I am finding this one compelling already. I`m hoping the books continue to arrive without my having to report them missing every day! (I read in non fiction also).

Respond to this message   

(Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Re: missing reads

February 21 2006, 12:46 PM 

Hi Irene,

I'm sorry that you are not receiving your daily reads. Please email me at Tiffany@DearReader.com with your email address and we will look into this.

Also anytime you do not receive your read you can instantly receive it by going to

http://www.emailbookclub.com/miss.

We want to make sure that you never have to be without your daily read.

Have a great day.

Tiffany Yelk
DearReader.com

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

February 21 2006, 7:07 PM 

Hello Zoe - just remember, all in due time - you may want to do as I did since all the copies of this book are loaned out, after you put your name on the hold list, as another member has suggested, this author has written many, many books so you may want to check out another of her books in the meantime - Doris

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Bad News -

February 22 2006, 11:48 AM 

And we know what message the sheriff has come to bring, don't we? - wish I did not have to wait for this book as it has already caught my interest - may have to check another library or (yikes! - the bookstore) -

Respond to this message   

(no login)

February 21 2006, 9:55 PM 

See, see what I tell you, making fun of how someone looks, gets you no where, but trouble. Of all the people that made fun of me, I would not even remember there names or what they said to me. I don't care anymore. They are out of my life, I don't have to see them every day know. And what's the point of it anywhys? You just making it more for your self, if you went revenge. It not going to show anything. People where too young or drunk to understand what they were saying was hateing other people feels and some times, so people can't not just take a joke. Like there was a teenager boy that I known from high school that had a squeaking voice, because he's voice was broking, so everyone started to call him squeaking, or something like that. It was a long time again. But I know he laugh about it.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

I already read this one

February 22 2006, 9:52 AM 

I read this one a year or so ago and really enjoyed it. Sandra Brown has written many many books, but her more recent ones are of much better quality than her older ones. I recommend "Envy." It was a real page turner for me, and had a few very nice twists.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

February 22 2006, 7:42 PM 

Welcome back Doris, it's always good to see people from the last weeks mystery book and seeing new people too.

Pam M and Doris, thank you for letting me about how to put my name on the waiting list and that I can always read other books that Sandra Brown readed, but I have all readlly know this. I do it all the time. I was just letting you know that I didn't have it at the time. I do now. I put it up the other day. I like to know the coming books that we are going to read in two weeks time. They do it with the horror and science fiction books club. I join them and the teen ones too. Even though I'm not a teenage anymore. But I still enjoy the books.

Now, that I have the book, I will only share my thoughts with you on what you have read, but as soon as Fridays email comes around, I'm hopeing there will still be some else that likes to read with me. I mean that we read as much as we like, and then leave what you think of it at the mystery book club form, or you can email me.

Thank you Pam M, again, for enjoying my comments on the book. I always try to get people to respond back to my messages. I going to be a 'Dear Reader' column for the Teen book club.

I don't about you, but there is not much in this book to talk about. It's nothing like the last weeks book. I find lots of things to say, but I think that's because it's taking a long time to work up to what happen to Danny.

It's my brother's birthday today. So, mum and I have just made a chococlate cake. We make the best chococlate cake. I just love it when we make this like this, because I can to lick to bowl. I know that I'm getting in years, but I think I will never grow out of it. It's just the best part of cooking.

Respond to this message   
Julie
(no login)

February 22 2006, 7:43 PM 

This is a great book and I really enjoyed the story. Nice couple of twists to look for.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

February 24 2006, 7:55 PM 

Sandra Brown made a wonderful way of how things can change over time. Landmarks! What would we do with out them? Get lost, I can imagine.

But, one think I not sure about is why would Sayre have run away and fear of coming back, even though she has too? I know that I can't wait to leave home, but there is nothing that would make me not wanting to ever come back to visit.

Well, I'm lost for words.

So, I will just like to say it's be a pleasure reading with you all, and I hope you will join with me in finishing this book, and read the next mystery book. If you do like to finish this book with me, then just email me. And we can talk about it just like in the mystery book club form.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - White Hot (Mystery)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.