<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

The Preacher's Daughter (Goodnews/Christian)

March 3 2006 at 11:34 AM
Beverly Lewis  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

g0764201204_l

The Preacher's Daughter
by Beverly Lewis
Buy book: $12.18

The Preacher’s Daughter begins a remarkable journey of heartache and homespun delight—a series readers will find impossible to forget. Paradise, Pennsylvania, is likened to a little slice of heaven on earth...but for Annie Zook—the preacher’s eldest daughter—it seems like a dead-end street. She is expected to join the Amish church, but at 20 she is "still deciding." Because of the strict rules that guide the Plain community, she must continually squelch her artistic passion, although it has become her solace. In her signature style, with character depth and unexpected plot twists, beloved novelist Beverly Lewis once again opens the door to the world of the Amish.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sharon
(no login)

Just read this book

March 6 2006, 12:14 AM 

I just finished this book last week. I did enjoy it. Had never read anything by this author before but living in Ohio, I love the Amish way of life. I was kind of disappointed in the ending because it didn't really pull things together. But I think the story might continue in her next book.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Sequel Books

March 11 2006, 2:42 PM 

I have never read an Amish book before. I was hoping this one would be able to stand on its own and not have to read the sequel that follows it to make sense of the story.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Good Book

March 6 2006, 1:39 AM 

Just to let you know that I read this book when it came out and very much enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one in this series.

Respond to this message   
val
(no login)

interesting

March 6 2006, 6:02 PM 

Oh if only life was so simple. Even the common people have their problems. I've read Beverly Lewis other books and althou they all have the same flair they're still interesting to readers curious about the Amish lifestyle. Good author, good books so many choices. Happy Reading

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Nice Treat

March 9 2006, 10:25 AM 

I had an appendectomy recently and was unable to read the book club reads for a few weeks. What a treat to "come back" and find one of my favorite author's books to read! I haven't read this one yet, but it will be going on my list of books to check out.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

EWWWWWWW

March 13 2006, 11:56 AM 

This book sounds like a load of @#$%
that is what i think!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Preacher's Daughter (Goodnews/Christian)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.