Last Bite (PrePub)

April 21 2006 at 10:15 AM
Nancy Verde Barr  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

p1565124952_l

Last Bite
by Nancy Verde Barr
Buy book: $14.13

A delicious and dishy romp through the food world by a former executive chef to Julia Child.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Kforce)

Book Review

May 1 2006, 2:55 AM 

I had a very hard time relating to this book. There wasn't anything that reached out and grabbed my interest at the very beginning that compelled me to want to read the rest of the story. There is a lot of what I consider to be fill that I would consider most readers would not be interested in which specifically is about the food and other details about the main character's job behind the scenes.
I really like the characters in the family. To me they're a very strong "jewish" family who use comfort foods as to break the ice to talk about distressing or delicate subject matters of the heart. Those characters could really be developed into more main characters for this book and proceeding books to make the books entertaining as well as character development.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Did we read the same book?

May 1 2006, 1:49 PM 

This book was a little bit too derivative for me--it seems to blend chick-lit with the current trend for mixing food with fiction. But I don't know where you found any Jewish characters. The author clearly states Casey is half Irish, half Italian. And her mother's solution to everything is cannoli--Jewish families make chicken soup!

I did find the references to Julia Child interesting. She's always been a favorite of mine.

Respond to this message   
JUNE
(no login)

LAST BITE

May 2 2006, 7:47 PM 

I LOVE THE TITLE. WHAT I READ SO FAR WAS VERY INTERESTING. I HOPE TO READ SOME MORE OF THIS BOOK,

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Last Bite (PrePub)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.