The Summer Sherman Loved Me (Teen)

May 19 2006 at 12:40 PM
  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

t0374372896_l

The Summer Sherman Loved Me
by Jane St. Anthony
Buy book: $9.91

When Sherman, the boy next door, tells 12-year-old Margaret he loves her, does this mean Sherman is her boyfriend? Set in the early 1960s, this debut novel follows Margaret as she tries to find a place for herself in her family.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sheliza
(no login)

Re: The Summer Sherman Loved Me (Teen)

May 22 2006, 2:47 PM 

For the last few weeks I wouldn't even open a Dear Reader email after I saw the first one is a dud. Im really excited about this one though since in is about my own age instead of some 15 year old. I know alot of you will say the oppisote though because it isn't really the teen age but I like it any way.

Respond to this message   
AnnMarie
(no login)

I know what you mean.

May 22 2006, 9:46 PM 

Sheliza, you're right: this one seems interesting, like it'll be good. So I'll read it on time for a change! And to me, it doesn't matter what age range the book's about, just as long as it's a good story! I recommend the book Drums Girls and Dangerous Pie if you haven't read it already. It's about a thirteen-year-old and it's really good.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on May 23, 2006 9:46 AM

Respond to this message   
Georgia
(no login)

Surprised

May 22 2006, 6:04 PM 

I'm a bit surprised. From the summary it didn't sound that good, but the writing's okay. I'll see how it goes before I start raving about how good it is though because I'm not compleately convinced.

Respond to this message   
Ann
(no login)

OK Story...Too choppy

May 23 2006, 8:55 AM 

The story is OK...kinda cute. But, the writing is not good at all. It is stilted and choppy. The hallmark of a good writer is when the author "shows" what happenes instead of "telling" what happenes. This author is only "telling" us, and that does not make for good reading.

The story just doesn't flow...way too choppy.

Respond to this message   
Emily
(no login)

hmm...

May 23 2006, 5:22 PM 

I agree that the story's description wasn't very appealing, but I am so far enjoying it. I didn't think that it was too choppy... or, at least not today's read. May be interested in this book, but hopefully it will get a little more exciting. Also, what kind of a creep is that Sherman guy, anyway???

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Hmm

May 23 2006, 6:06 PM 

This book seems to be getting worse. I'll still read the daily sections though. Hopefully it'll get better.

Respond to this message   
Celia
(no login)

Yay

June 1 2006, 2:13 PM 

I liked what i read it was very good.

Respond to this message   
zero
(no login)

It's just awsome

June 6 2006, 1:46 AM 

This book really is good. Though the Sherman makes you wonder. But it good to see a book people can understand easily guys and girls.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Jun 6, 2006 11:56 AM

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Summer Sherman Loved Me (Teen)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.