<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Orange Crushed (Mystery)

May 19 2006 at 12:42 PM
Pamela Thomas-Graham  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

m0671016725_l

Orange Crushed
by Pamela Thomas-Graham
Buy book: $10.63

The author of "A Darker Shade of Crimson" returns with Nikki Chase and once again delivers a beguiling, brisk and atmospheric whodunit set in Princeton and Cambridge.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doris
(no login)

Re: Orange Crushed (Mystery)

May 22 2006, 12:27 PM 

Certainly not an attention grabber at the beginning - unlike the bonus book this book (forget the name - but that looks to be a page turner - by Lisa Tucker, I think - strange and weird concept of a father raising his children in the "sanctuary" for the first 20 or so years of their life - sort of like a time machine warp when they are first and finally exposed to the outside world - that one I will be getting from my library) -

Respond to this message   
Sue
(Login lasergal39)

Fun so far

May 22 2006, 3:12 PM 

Well, I really enjoyed the discription and the first installment. I look forward to reading more tommorrow! I find I like the mystery books that have a bit of humor in them and are rather fast paced. This one does so far.

Sue Mont

Respond to this message   
Linda
(no login)

Jump right in!

May 22 2006, 11:28 PM 

I like how this writer sets the pace: turmoil from the war of the sexes, more chaos from the many skirmishes en route to integrating the halls of academe, transportation dust ups, and all of that in just the first installment.

Respond to this message   
Bonita
(no login)

Orange

May 23 2006, 3:38 AM 

I really enjoyed the pace of this first reading. Looking forward to the next one.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Question -

May 23 2006, 1:08 PM 

Are we reading the same book? - I am finding nothing that piques my interest (ie mystery) in the first two reads - went back and read first read as well after reading today's responses so far as well as the second read - maybe I'm being too impatient for the mystery to begin - perhaps tomorrow -

Respond to this message   
Linda
(no login)

WFO

May 23 2006, 5:20 PM 

This is one engaging writer. I like her style!!

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Yawn -

May 24 2006, 2:12 PM 

Ho-hum, ho-hum, ho-hum - Sorry, but I'm bailing on this one before the mystery even or ever unfolds - too much tedium for me - glad the rest of you are enjoying - to each his own -

Respond to this message   
Deanna
(no login)

Ditto, Doris!!

May 25 2006, 1:02 PM 

I'm with you, Doris! The jacket description was interesting but it went downhill from there. I kept reading but it was painfully slow going. It might speed up after today but I've got loads of books on my shelf to read! I'm into Terri Blackstock's Cape Refuge series right now!

Respond to this message   
June
(no login)

orange2

May 25 2006, 8:16 PM 

So far it is good. I enjoy reading different types of mysteries. This seems to be headed in the right direction. I hope the next is installment is good.

Respond to this message   
Karie
(no login)

Orange Crushed...

May 26 2006, 10:01 AM 

I have to agree with some of the other posters.... This book is a very slow read to me. I also thought it was going to be as good as the book jacket. A little bit of a let down. I may keep the title info and put in as a may read at some point.
Looking forward to next weeks selection.
Happy Reading!

Respond to this message   
Sue
(Login lasergal39)

Got it!

May 26 2006, 8:34 PM 

I liked the first bits enough to reserve it from our library. It has a different feel to it than some mystery novels but I am enjoying the story.The author is very good at detalis in locales.I do recommend it!

Sue Mont

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.