<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Pawleys Island (Fiction)

May 19 2006 at 12:44 PM
Dorothea Benton Frank  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

f0425202712_l

Pawleys Island
by Dorothea Benton Frank
Buy book: $14.96

The Lowcountry comes back to life with this brand-new novel from the "New York Times" bestselling author of "Shem Creek." When Becca Sims wanders into the beautiful seaside Gallery Valentine, she has no idea her life is about to be transformed.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doris
(no login)

Re: Pawleys Island (Fiction)

May 22 2006, 1:32 PM 

Looks to be a great southern book - which I love - and the writing pulls me right in (having read a long excerpt on my library site) - alas, the book is out, but may get it on audio though I do love the book in my hands -

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

May 22 2006, 8:02 PM 

I have read this and encourage you to actually buy the book. I really enjoyed it.

Respond to this message   
Alli
(no login)

May 23 2006, 7:56 AM 

I heard "Shem Creek" on audio and then "Pawley's Island" (read by the author). I enjoyed both very much. Now I am looking forward to reading her fiction bestseller, "Full of Grace".

Respond to this message   
val
(no login)

beach read

May 22 2006, 6:05 PM 

Light and breezie just like a summer night. I enjoyed the first read and will continue to read it this week. But...will probably save this one for the beach.

Respond to this message   
Ann
(no login)

May 23 2006, 9:58 AM 

I have spent a fair amount of time in the South Carolina low country over the past few years. I love it and this book. I have
enjoyed her work before and will surely finish this one.

Respond to this message   
Ann
(no login)

The other Ann

May 23 2006, 3:08 PM 

As a frequent poster at this forum, I wanted to let you all know that the post just above this one is from another Ann. Who woulda thought there was another one out there? Since I'm posting I might as well put in my two cents worth about the book. I read the author's first offering some time ago (Sullivan's Island) and found it to be a light and pleasant read. From what I can determine about this current selection and her other works, they are somewhat formulaic and repetitive. So, with an ever growing stack of Must reads", I'll be passing this week.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Isle of Palms -

May 24 2006, 2:17 PM 

Am reading the previous book of hers and thoroughly enjoying - by then this current book will hopefully be available for me - lots of good life lessons in the book I'm reading - and a really good read as well -

Respond to this message   
Gayle
(no login)

Pawleys

May 26 2006, 8:17 AM 

Too cutesy

Respond to this message   
ella
(Login tidemama)

lowcountry lover

June 14 2006, 9:55 PM 

i have spent many a childhood vacation roaming the lowcountry of south carolina ...these books only deepen my love .

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.