Hard Truth (Mystery)

June 16 2006 at 2:32 PM
Nevada Barr  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

m0399152415_l

Hard Truth
by Nevada Barr
Buy book: $14.96

Park Ranger Anna Pigeon comes face-to-face with the dark side of humanity when she investigates the disappearance of three young girls in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

hard truth

June 18 2006, 2:09 PM 

if you like navada barr . you will like mary jane clarks new book . dancing in the dark . just got it yeserday , from my local library . suzanne she has a new one coming out in july do you know which one it is

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Nevada Barr -

June 19 2006, 12:05 PM 

Have heard of this author and thought I had read her, but am not sure what - this book is catching my interest very quickly - am hoping they have at my library -

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Re: hard truth

June 19 2006, 4:11 PM 

karol, I believe the name of the book by Clark is "Lights out Tonight" due out in July -

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Hard Truth (Mystery)

June 20 2006, 8:11 PM 

I have never read anything by this author, but just like Doris said, this book is catching my interest very quickly too. I'm lucky that my local library has it, but sadly someone else has got it. I have put my name down to have it next. When I did it was there for the other person to pick up, but because the book just come in, the person before me that wanted, has about a week or two to pick it up. before it goes to me. Oh, well. Maybe this person is from the bookclub too.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Hard Truth -

June 21 2006, 2:57 PM 

Quite an adrenaline rushing read today - and what a way to leave us hanging - could certainly feel all of Heath's emotional and physical sensations in this read - have this on hold at my library and am next on the list, thank goodness -

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Like books based in the mountains

June 22 2006, 2:16 AM 

I really like this so far. I will definately reserve it at my library. Anybody have suggestions for other mystery or fiction based in the mountains? I love the descriptions.

Respond to this message   
Brenda
(no login)

mountains

June 22 2006, 2:48 PM 

Liz-Have you read any of the books by Walt Larimore- "Brysin City Tales". He writes about the Great Smoky Mountains and its people.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

June 21 2006, 10:53 PM 

Well, Nevada has a wonderful way of showing how life is like in a wheelchair. Even though this dose not have anything to do with being in a wheelchair or not. I do know what's it like to be unable to do something that would be make your life move on then just going in a cirlce, never changing. Heath still new to a life in a wheelchair. She still have not accept that she will not be able to walk again. That will can in time, but right now she is just mad that this has happen. In so way, I feel the same way about what has happen to me. Even though it is totaly different and I know that I will over come this. I'm trying to get a job as a Apprenticeship Baker or Pastrycook. So, far it's been hard to get a job. It makes it even harder when you are have no training and you are getting older. People don't want to get someone that has no training and is too old, because it will cost them too much to train someone that is 21 then it would to train someone that's 17. I know it's not that much older, but when it comes to how much it will cost the business then it's a lot of a differents. I too have to fight to not get too despair. I know if I don't look at this in a good way, I would just be like Heath is feeling.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

to Zoe -

June 22 2006, 12:40 PM 

Hi Zoe, I have heard you speak of your desire to get a job as an apprentice baker, etc. I know it's hard to get a job if you have no experience in that area - is there any way you could take a pastry or baking class to give you some "experience" to put on your application or resume when looking for a job in that area of expertise? - just a thought -

Back to our mystery this week, I am still enjoying very much and looking forward to getting this book and also reading some of her earlier books - Doris -

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Hard Truth -

June 23 2006, 3:52 PM 

Got the book from library today !!! - and am already into it more - as you all know from the reads, this book is riveting - and promises to get even more so - the characters are all so well drawn (is that the correct phrase?) - the 3 women: the aunt, Heath and Anna - feel I already know them personally - and the children - so bedraggled, both physically and emotionally - well, back to the book - this is definitely the type book that sucks you in and won't let go - did I mention the writing? - this is a GOOD BOOK -

Respond to this message   

(no login)

June 23 2006, 5:43 PM 

Nevada Barr has written several books about Anna Pigeon, the park ranger, and each one has been an excellent read. I own all of her books, and have read them through twice and will probably again. Nice to read her books from the beginning as Anna goes from job to job and gains experience.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Hard Truth -

June 25 2006, 10:18 AM 

Well - that was one h - - - of a read - I read in one review that Barr was at the top of her game in this one - of course, this is her newest one - I want to go back and read more of her, but not right now -

Think I need to sit on my deck and and read some soft and gentle poetry - enjoy the beauty of the blue sky and tall pine trees and green grass - get my brain back in realignment with Mother Nature -

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

To Bev -

June 27 2006, 11:12 AM 

Bev, you said you have read all of Anna's series - does that include this one and is this the most harrowing one, in your opinion? - Thanks - Doris -

Respond to this message   

(no login)

To Doris

June 28 2006, 7:45 PM 

Blind Descent was the one that comes back to me most often, where Anna has to go into caves to rescue another ranger. All of the adventures are so different, and each exciting in their different settings. You can't go wrong with any of them!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

best one

July 4 2006, 12:35 PM 

Hi Doris, one of my favourites in this series is called, I think, Firestorm and is about forest fires. I will also cast my vote for Blind Descent. Both are rivetting. I just love this author.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

June 24 2006, 9:35 PM 

Doris, I would of couse do some pastry or baking class if there was on in my area. But there is not. That's what makes me and Heath alike. She trying to life a new live, will I try to get my going. Anyways, I was just hopeing someone out there in Australia had a job for me. I should just stop telling people about me getting a job. I just should talk about this book.

Well, this one is really great. I still got this one on my waiting last. So, if anyone like to email me or leave a massage here to let me that I still have someone to share my thoughts on this book to. It allways makes me sad to find out that some animals are going to died out. I just love wolves. So, there where two chidren that find Heath, not bears. I wonder what will happen.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Hard Truth (Mystery)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.