A Summer of Kings (Teen)

June 30 2006 at 10:11 AM
Han Nolan  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

t0152051082_l

A Summer of Kings
by Han Nolan
Buy book: $10.53

The National Book Award-winning author of "Dancing on the Edge" brings readers a bold new voice--by turns funny and poignant, innocent and worldly--in this powerful coming-of-age story set during the turbulent struggle for civil rights in the 1960s.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sunflower
(no login)

Han Nolan

July 3 2006, 9:50 AM 

It is sounding like this award-winning author is about to do it again! From his titles, "Send Me Down a Miracle," "Dancing on the Edge," and "Born Blue," he has not let his captured audiences down yet. This brief start sounds like the story is going to be a mixture of adventure and perhaps romance? What do you think?

Respond to this message   
Emily
(no login)

Re: A Summer of Kings (Teen)

July 3 2006, 11:25 AM 

I don't know why, but usually I don't like books set in different time periods, even if it's just a few decades. But, after what I read today, I think that I'm really going to like this book.

Respond to this message   
Emily
(no login)

Seems Really Good!!

July 3 2006, 11:56 AM 

Even though I've just begun to read this book, I already really enjoy it. It seems to have obtained everything that, in my personal opinion, a book should have. Right now, in the first chapter, I can see the plot unfolding. The entire plot line, that being of the story of an African-American murderer of a white man in 1963, is drawing me in, as it definitely will other readers. I am most certainly going to finish this book, and I believe that others will as well.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Jul 3, 2006 1:40 PM

Respond to this message   
Savannnah
(no login)

Wow

July 3 2006, 4:36 PM 

Cosiduring this book is based on 1963 I'm amazed on how it's drawing me in. I really enjoy how his family is in the acting industry and how he has such goofy relatives. He seems like a interesting kid and I love to here about his school. I just can't wait to see what happens next!

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Jul 4, 2006 5:25 PM

Respond to this message   
Emily 1
(no login)

Re: Wow

July 5 2006, 10:02 PM 

Yeah, I agree. I'm finding that I like this book way more than I expected to. I'll probably end up getting it from the library.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.