Empress Orchid (Fiction)

July 14 2006 at 12:37 PM
Anchee Min  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

f0618068872_l

Empress Orchid
by Anchee Min
Buy book: $14.87

“Empress Orchid" is the story of a fascinating, strong-willed woman who for generations has been vilified as a grand seductress and murderer. Min draws a vivid portrait of a flawed yet utterly compelling woman and, through her life, of the world of the Chinese court and the sexual and political lives of the royal concubines.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
EstherJane
(no login)

I like this

July 19 2006, 6:35 PM 

So fair I like this book. It looks like it will be something that I put on reserve at the library.

Can't wait to read last installment

Anyone else reading this?

Respond to this message   
Deb
(no login)

Enjoying this book

July 19 2006, 11:58 PM 

I am really enjoying this book. I tend to like books written in the first person since it makes the book more personal. I feel like the author is talking directly to me. I also like fiction where I can read a good story but also learn something interesting. The author is doing a great job on both those points. I will be looking for this book in the library.

Respond to this message   
Annick
(no login)

Looks good

July 25 2006, 11:34 AM 

So far I have enjoyed the preview of this book and have put it on my order list from the library. It looks very promising.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Empress Orchid (Fiction)

August 15 2006, 1:27 PM 

I reserved this book after reading the first paragraph of the email. Then I devoured it in two days. I love novelizations Asian histroy (current or ancient) and this book was no exception. Abrupt on the ending but a good read.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Empress Orchid (Fiction)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.