<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Results (Business)

September 22 2006 at 4:28 PM
Gary Neilson; Bruce Pasternack  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

b1400098394_l

Results
by Gary Neilson; Bruce Pasternack
Buy book: $17.31

Just as you can understand an individual's personality, so too can you understand a company's type - what makes it tick, what's good and bad about it. Results explains why some organizations bob and weave and roll with the punches to consistently deliver on commitments and produce great results, while others can't leave their corner of the ring without tripping on their own shoelaces.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
RichardD
(no login)

Treat Employee First, Before the Executive Comensations

September 26 2006, 1:48 PM 

I went through every "organizations" listed in the book jacket. It brings back a lot of bad memories. The bottom line is "we don't work as a team". When the CEO gets 10 millions, and I am "rewarded" only 3% "merit raise" because I met the deadlines. Am I willing to go extra miles everytime??

Let me tell you a real story from the company I worked. The CEO called a company-wide meeting in a nearby high school auditorium (We don't have a room large enough for 150 employees). He said "I can't meet the expenses and I don't want to cut any staff. Can I ask you to take one week mandatory vacation and one week without pay?". It was essentially 5% pay cut accross the board. We all agreed! Business improved after one and half years later, he gave everybody a promotion of grade because HQ did not like to give "higher" rasies. Anybody jumps ship afterward?? Absolutely NO! It just tells you that you don't need to cut staff to go through hard times, but you DO need to take care employees first.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.