Closing Costs (Fiction)

September 29 2006 at 10:36 AM
Seth Margolis  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

f0312353685_l

Closing Costs
by Seth Margolis
Buy book: $15.71

"The white-hot Manhattan real estate market forms the backdrop for Margolis's fifth novel . . . (an) ensemble character study that weaves together the tales of several Manhattan couples trying to survive on the housing bubble's uncertain edge." --"Publishers Weekly."

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doris
(no login)

An Alternative Book -

September 30 2006, 3:36 PM 

Don't know about this one yet - from the bit I have read in a review and an excerpt, hasn't grabbed me yet -

But may I again suggest "Broken for You" by Stephanie Kallos - a most WONDERFUL book I just finished and my dtr. is now reading and called me this morn. to tell me how much she is enjoying - believe it is the author's first novel -

Okay - that is the last I am going to say about that - but you know how it is when you discover something great and you want to share -

Respond to this message   
Ann
(no login)

Ditto and Ditto

October 2 2006, 10:46 AM 

I'm in complete agreement with you Doris, both about Broken for You and this week's read. I picked up a library copy over the weekend and will give it a go, but my response so far is luke warm at best. We shall see how the week progresses. I absolutely loved Broken for You and recommend it highly.

Respond to this message   
IreneB
(no login)

extra read this week

October 2 2006, 7:29 AM 

This book is not about a world that I know or understand, but the first read sounds interesting. Will read on and see!

Respond to this message   
pam m
(no login)

familiar

October 2 2006, 8:44 AM 

Didn't we have this book recently or a book that sounded very similar?

Respond to this message   
Danielle
(no login)

Re: Closing Costs (Fiction)

October 3 2006, 11:26 AM 

I am not hooked on this book yet but the fact that this author wrote Losing Isaiah I am hoping it will get better. I agree he is talking about a lifestyle I cannot relate to but hopefully it gets more interesting. I put Broken for You on hold at the library. Thanks for your suggestions.

Respond to this message   
Dorothea H
(no login)

Re: Closing Costs (Fiction)

October 3 2006, 5:43 PM 

So far I'm in.

The beginning reminds me a bit of Bonfire of the Vanities only not so male-centric. And being described as an ensemble character study I'm expecting the story to be less thrilling and more interesting.

I can't relate to these people's lives either, of course, but I really relate to the idea of the best view of the city being the intimate one not too high up. Is the rooftop garden of the Metropolitan Museum fictional? - I hope not because that's where I want to visit if I ever go to New York!

Respond to this message   
danielle
(no login)

not for me

October 5 2006, 2:35 PM 

I am reading too many other interesting books. this one does not trip my fancy. I am finishing The Last Templar from last week and it is very good.

Respond to this message   
Linda
(Login NJParalegal)

Real Estate Agent

October 6 2006, 8:44 PM 

I was attracted to this book by its title since I have a real estate career. So far it seems good to me since the bottom line on any real estate transaction is the closing costs and hopefully this book will give a valuable outlook on it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.