<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Pandora's Baby (NonFiction)

September 29 2006 at 10:38 AM
Robin Marantz Henig  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

n0618224157_l

Pandora's Baby
by Robin Marantz Henig
Buy book: $15.00

On a September morning in 1973, a hospital administrator in New York City learned of a rogue experiment in progress at his institution, and he ordered the removal from an incubator of a test tube containing a frothy mixture of human eggs and sperm. Had the experiment been allowed to continue, it might have resulted in the first human fetus created through in vitro fertilization. In Pandora's Baby, the award-winning journalist Robin Marantz Henig tells the story of that confrontation, which ushered in a new era in reproductive technology.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Loving Pandora's Baby

October 3 2006, 1:40 AM 

I am liking the book so far and would love to read it in totality!

Respond to this message   
IreneB
(no login)

Pandora`s baby

October 5 2006, 7:25 PM 

Very interesting facts medically speaking. I have to say that I have never been overly sympathetic to those couples who wish to conceive and cannot. I`m not sure why that is! Prabably will locate the book and read the rest of it.

Respond to this message   

(Login Nanci23)

Interesting Topic - Dry Read

December 27 2006, 2:18 PM 

I got this book after reading the excerpts since it is a topic I am interested in. The excepts were very well picked but the overall book was very difficult to get through. It is really about medical ethics than it really is about the history of assisted reproduction. The "cast of characters" was very confusing to follow. To learn more about the couple you meet in the excerpts takes chapters. I am not a science person but enjoy reading factual accounts. This book is more of an education lesson than entertainment.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Pandora's Baby (NonFiction)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.