<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

An Imperfect Lens (Fiction)

December 17 2006 at 12:36 PM
Anne Richardson Roiphe  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

f1400082110_l

An Imperfect Lens
by Anne Richardson Roiphe
Buy book: $16.74

A celebrated author returns with a captivating historical novel set during the cholera epidemic in 1880s Alexandria, Egypt. A French scientist who hopes to find the source of the epidemic falls in love with the daughter of a Jewish doctor, but political intrigue threatens to separate them permanently.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
c. slusarz
(no login)

an imperfect lens

December 20 2006, 10:33 AM 

Interesting book so far... not what I usually read. Probalby would never pick it up in the store or library... but worth reading.

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Last Week's Book - "Winter Birds" -

December 20 2006, 8:40 PM 

Just had to comment on the above mentioned book - in the good news category - if you did not read or perhaps are not in that book club - I would like to heartily suggest that you go back and read the 5 reads and if you are like me, you will be picking up the book from your library right away - could just as easily have been in the fiction category, I think, from what I have read so far - wonderfully written and wonderful book (in my opinion) - wanted to give you another chance if you missed the first time -

I only tried it because of a response in the forum that piqued my interest - and I am so glad I did - "Never judge a book by its cover or "category" -
- Doris -

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Me Again -

December 22 2006, 1:17 PM 

Just had to report that I finished the book last nite - and it was wonderful to the end - and a most heartwarming end it was - if anyone did read the first part and felt it was depressing, let me assure you that it was not - I can't say enough about the writing style and the content of this book -

Merry Christmas to You All - Doris -

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.