Harvesting the Heart (Fiction)

February 16 2007 at 7:19 PM
Jodi Picoult  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

f0140230270_l

Harvesting the Heart
by Jodi Picoult
Buy book: $10.60

The author of Picture Perfect "explores the fragile ground of ambivalent motherhood" (New York Times Book Review). Paige's mother left when she was five. When Paige becomes a mother herself, she is overwhelmed by the demands. Unable to forget her past, Paige struggles with the difficulties of marriage and motherhood.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lisa
(no login)

Harvesting

February 19 2007, 8:02 AM 

I have not read any of Jodi Picoult's books before, and I am anxious to read tomorrows chapter. The prologue hooked me.

Respond to this message   
BettyF
(no login)

Gotta Love Jodi

February 19 2007, 12:39 PM 

I just love this author. All her books are on my must read list. I have been reading her newer stuff and haven't gotten around to the older books. Jodi writes books faster than I can read them. I'm enjoying this read and will have to find time to fit it in this summer between book club selections. I hate when life gets in the way of reading.

Respond to this message   
Gloria Bernal - California
(no login)

You can't go wrong with Jodi

February 19 2007, 12:48 PM 

This is one of my faves by her. I read them all and am a devoted fan. Happy to see you are featuring one of her books. I look forward to each of her releases - Nineteen Steps is on its way.

Respond to this message   
eLIZabeth
(no login)

Been hooked....

February 20 2007, 6:32 AM 

on Jodi since "The Pact". I've missed a couple of her most recent ones but am really enjoying this one. I am a little confused about whether Paige was dreaming she left her husband/child or if she really indeed did leave them so I know I will be getting this book to read the whole story(!)

Respond to this message   
LindaGL
(no login)

Re: Harvesting the Heart (Fiction)

February 19 2007, 7:37 PM 

I also love Jodi Picoult. I experienced all sorts of complex emotions when I read the first excerpt of this story - when I usually have questions and more logical thinking that help me absorb the beginning of a novel. This one is already a must read for me. PS Hi BettyF

Respond to this message   
Alaina
(no login)

Harvesting The Hearts

February 19 2007, 9:44 PM 

I have not read any of Jodi Picoult's books either, but this one is very interesting. I hope to read more of her books.

Respond to this message   
Suzi
(no login)

Great Read

February 20 2007, 7:25 AM 

If you want a great one by Jodi, read "My Sister's Keeper". This one really packs a punch. I have enjoyed all her books. She picks a subject, often controversial and really explores it and all the emotions belonging to the topic. Some real thought provoking stuff!

Respond to this message   
Sandy
(no login)

Great Read!

February 19 2007, 10:42 PM 

I really do love Jodi Picoult's writing!
I have read several of her books and look forward to reading more. I was so glad to see that Harvesting the Heart is featured!

Respond to this message   
abigail
(no login)

Re: Great Read!

February 20 2007, 10:59 PM 

I really liked the last Picoult book we had in the book clubs last year. "Disappearing acts" I think it was. I love the style and rhythm she writes with. Good flow and interesting plot. This book sounds equally interesting. I see a pattern forming here: mothers and their insecurities in their life roles... I am interesting in seeing how this one plays out.

Respond to this message   
Ellen
(Login gracemoments)

Remembrances..

February 20 2007, 3:10 PM 

The author's words bring to mind and heart the images of those first months of birth when I was mesmerized by my son; when his very breath took my own away...
And yet I can stand beside the young girl whose Mother left her with only memories of that which was - or could have been.
I am delighted to read this - and to read the sharings of others.

Respond to this message   
Debbie
(no login)

I too, Like Jodi Picoult

February 20 2007, 5:39 PM 

The first book of Picoult's I read was "Vanishing Acts," which I read as a Dear Reader selection. I went on to read "Plain Truth," which I also enjoyed. Thank you for introducing me to this author.

Respond to this message   
Vicky
(no login)

Jodi Picoult is my favorite author

February 20 2007, 6:38 PM 

I read this book a while back and really enjoyed it. Jodi Picoult is my favorite author. I have enjoyed all the books that I have read by her.

Respond to this message   
Kristi
(no login)

Harvesting the Heart

February 21 2007, 4:23 PM 

I don't remember reading her previous book in the club, but I am really enjoying this one. It hits very close to home. My mother-in-law was abandoned by her mother as a child. They were reunited about 40 years later. My mother-in-law abandoned my husband and his siblings when he was 2. They reunited in his late teens. My sister-in-law is going through a really hard time right now and we are concerned about her leaving because she talks about it all the time. I'm really starting to wonder if I should put this one off until another time. I keep crying at my desk at work!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.