Runt (Teen)

March 3 2007 at 12:23 PM
V. M. Caldwell  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

t1571316612_l

Runt
by V. M. Caldwell
Buy book: $6.25

When Runt's mother dies, he’s sent to live with his older sister Helen, whom he hasn’ t seen in years, not since she ran away. Avoiding the dreary trailer he now shares with Helen and her creepy boyfriend Cole, Runt spends his days rambling around his new town, especially the local cemetery. There he meets Mitch, a precocious boy in a wheelchair who’ s battling cancer.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Adam Barry
(no login)

First Day Review

March 5 2007, 6:25 PM 

Adam here for another week of reviews.

I noticed Runt feels a little unsure about Helen's boyfriend. It could be that Cole just has a few negative choices in his life and Runt doesn't feel comfortable around him. I'm glad to see that Runt is checking out the hidden cemetary I assume. Hopefully in the later part of this week's read and the book more is learned about the cemetary and who is buried there. It'll be interesting to see how this works out with Mitch tomorrow, I hope. I also think this book might help me understand my own friend's problems too.

Respond to this message   
Megan
(no login)

Sounds interesting...

March 5 2007, 8:02 PM 

I like this story so far. I like the style of writing. I want to know what happened to his mother and two younger sibs. My guess is a car crash, but I have yet to find out. I would hate to be separated from my siblings if my parents were killed. So far, I do want to check out this book from the library, but i'll see by the end of the week.

Respond to this message   
Adam Barry
(no login)

Second Day Review

March 6 2007, 4:38 PM 

How rude of Runt to walk away from a wheelchair person. The very least he could do was at least ask why Mitch was in that predictiment. That question will probably be answer in a later reading or at some point of the book. Seems that Mitch is a cheerful kid though, hope to learn more about him. And best of luck goes to Runt on getting back to the trailer.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

pretty cool so far..

March 6 2007, 6:07 PM 

I think the beggining is a bit boring to be honest but I'm really interested to know what happened to Runt's family. Also, what's up with that kid Mitch?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Runt (Teen)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.