Alabama Moon (Teen) GIVEAWAY THIS WEEK!

March 30 2007 at 5:26 PM
Watt Key  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

t0374301840_l

Alabama Moon
by Watt Key
Buy book: $10.40

For as long as ten-year-old Moon can remember, he has lived out in the forest in a shelter with his father. They keep to themselves, their only contact with other human beings an occasional trip to the nearest general store. When Moonís father dies, Moon follows his fatherís last instructions: to travel to Alaska to find others like themselves. But Moon is soon caught and entangled in a world he doesnít know or understand, apparent property of the government he has been avoiding all his life. As the spirited and resourceful Moon encounters constables, jails, institutions, lawyers, true friends, and true enemies, he adapts his wilderness survival skills and learns to survive in the outside world, and even, perhaps, make his home there.

P.S. Win a copy of last month's book Tangerine. Email Manjot with an answer to one of her questions and you'll be entered to win. I have 20 copies to give away to lucky readers. Send your email to: Teen@emailbookclub.com

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Mar 30, 2007 5:33 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Stacey
(no login)

political tie in

April 2 2007, 11:12 AM 

I am curious to find out what drove the dad to the woods. I would guess he is not a "militia" man--there are no others around. I am ready for the next four emails. I might need to buy it for our middle school library. Sounds like it would be an interesting counterpart to the Brian series of books by Paulsen.

Respond to this message   
Morgan
(no login)

Alabama Moon

April 9 2007, 7:25 PM 

So far, Alabama Moon's been a great read. I can't wait for the next few emails to come. I may even check the book out at my local library or buy it from the bookstore. Does anyone else agree with me? It's just something about the story and the emotions tied in with it that make me want to read more. What about you?

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Apr 9, 2007 7:53 PM

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Alabama Moon (Teen) GIVEAWAY THIS WEEK!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.