The End as I Know It (Fiction)

June 1 2007 at 5:01 PM
Kevin Shay  (Login chapteraday)
Owner

f0385518218_l

The End as I Know It
by Kevin Shay
Buy book: $15.56

It's 1998. Or, as Randall Knight sees it, Y2K minus two. Randall, a 25-year-old puppeteer and singer of children's songs, has discovered the clock is ticking toward a worldwide technological cataclysm. But he may still be able to save his loved ones--if he can convince them to prepare for the looming catastrophe.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
alper
(no login)

thanks

June 3 2007, 10:38 AM 

hi...

I'm alper from Turkiye - istanbul

I was searching some readers books for a friend of mine but I noticed this web-site and I liked here...

I'll start getting mails for this book... :)

thanks dear suzanne

Respond to this message   
Lisa
(no login)

Re: The End as I Know It (Fiction)

June 4 2007, 11:02 AM 

Clever idea but the style in the first read strikes me as un-authentic and artificial for a first person. How can a calling card sequence be baroque? How can an "o" without another vowel be dipthongal? How can a Super 8 motel be antiseptic? Maybe further reading will explain this character enough to make it sound right. I do love the line "no slots for sloth penciled in...."

Respond to this message   
Michelle
(no login)

Seven Years Late

June 5 2007, 1:31 AM 

I'm having a hard time getting into this book because Y2K, the subject of the book, has already passed. While I found the reading interesting, I don't think this is a book I'll be picking up anytime soon.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
Find more forums on Literature & StoriesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.