Goal-Free Living (Business)

July 13 2007 at 2:27 PM
Stephen M. Shapiro  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

b11065474

Goal-Free Living
by Stephen M. Shapiro
Buy book: $15.71

“Goal Free Living” reveals the shocking truth that while goals may be a tool for success, they rarely lead to true happiness and passion. In his quest for the secrets of extraordinary living, author Stephen Shapiro drove 12,000 miles across the United States and interviewed 150 people. What he discovered was the 8 surprising secrets that will free anyone from being enslaved by their goals and start living a powerful new life focused on experiential living. Woven throughout the book are stories of ordinary people with extraordinary lives that provide wonderful examples of how to balance all aspects of life.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Inspirational

July 17 2007, 12:18 PM 

I like this approach. I plan to read this book and then send it to my company's management team. They insist that all employees set yearly career goals in the SMART tradition. I would like to see some aspiration added to the formula they use.
Thanks for giving me hope!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Goal-Free Living is When I am at my Best

July 18 2007, 1:23 PM 

I am really enjoying this book. What I realized is I grew up in a strong goal oriented family and culture. This approach to life has never fit me - I have created my life not by plan but by intuition, heart and mind. Unfortunately I've beaten myself up for years for not having goals. But if I had goals I would've missed many opportunities such as living in Australia, having a fourth child later in life and discovering yoga as a passion that I am adding to my business coaching. Not being goal oriented has meant I haven't crossed the biggies off of a life list - such as getting bigger promotions, getting a graduate degree, or making x amount of money. It has meant that when my eight year old daughter had a brain tumor this spring - I didn't focus on the goals or outcomes - I focused on what is - and that was her and her love. Being in the hospital loving her and helping her through the experience without expectations or goals made the whole experience relaxed and positive.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Goal-Free Living (Business)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.