The Blight Way (Mystery)

July 22 2007 at 10:12 PM
Patrick F. McManus  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

m0743280482_l

The Blight Way
by Patrick F. McManus
Buy book: $11.19

Bo Tully, sheriff of Blight County, Idaho -- and a fellow who dropped twenty pounds on Atkins -- had been thinking about asking out Jan Whittle, his grade-school sweetheart. Problem is, he's already promised to celebrate his dad's seventy-fifth birthday with him. Thwarted romance proves to be the least of Bo's problems, however, when a dead body turns up on Batim Scragg's ranch. Forced to put on his sleuthing hat, Bo finds himself faced with a whole slew of possible suspects. And what quickly becomes apparent is that, while the sheriff's investigative methods may not exactly be legal, they are, for better or worse, The Blight Way.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Patrick McManus Rocks!

July 24 2007, 2:42 PM 

I've admired Patrick McManus's writing for many years, starting with his outdoor humor books. The Blight Way is shaping up to be a great read; Patick's subtle, and not so subtle humor, is showing.

I remember one of his stories concerning some kids sleeping outside after watching a mummy movie; enter a dog who makes noises very like the mummy. It was the most hilarious thing I've ever read--and I don't remember/can't find which book it was in!

And so it goes.

Yes, I have a list of Patrick's books I intend to buy, and The Blight Way is on it.

Respond to this message   
Linda A
(no login)

funny

July 28 2007, 9:03 PM 

I'm glad that I read these five excerpts, instead of stopping with the first one, because the total effect is divertingly FUNNY!!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Blight Way (Mystery)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.