The Greater Good (Mystery)

October 5 2007 at 5:17 PM
Casey Moreton  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

m0743456580_l

The Greater Good
by Casey Moreton
Buy book: $7.19

First, there is the bullet -- the bullet fired from the rifle of one of the world's most elusive assassins. Second, there is the body -- the body of the vice president of the United States. Finally, there is the secret, a secret poised to wreak chaos so potent as to bring the highest powers of government to their knees. Welcome to the high-stakes world of The Greater Good, a heart-pounding, lightning-paced suspense novel that boldly marks the arrival of a singular new writing talent, Casey Moreton.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

The Greater Good

October 9 2007, 11:09 AM 

The book is very interesting and could very well apply to real life today.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

The Greater Good

October 9 2007, 11:12 AM 

This is a book I want to put first on my "next to read" list. It's always great to find an author that you know is newly published and get into their story so quickly. It makes you hope that they'll continue to write books that are such a gift to us, their readers.

Thanks for writing a great book.

Barb

Respond to this message   
AmyS
(no login)

I've got a problem

October 11 2007, 6:40 PM 

I'd been reading the excerpts and thinking that the book was okay, but probably not something that I would read the rest of. Then I got to the end of today's excerpt and read this sentence:

"Ettinger raised his chin from the floor and tried to look around.
Blood covered his face, blurring his vision. Brain matter and bits
of skull were on his hands."

The book completely lost me right there. Someone who just lost "the upper third of his skull" is going to be dead, right? I can't accept any more of the story from their point of view. It has lost any shred of believability. Usually, I’m a little annoyed when readers demand complete realism in James Bondish thrillers, but this is completely over the top for me.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Great thriller

October 12 2007, 11:15 AM 

Well i'm just sorry it's Friday and the excerts have finished. It's been a while since i enjoyed reading the daily pieces as much as this - I only hope that it is or will be published in the UK. Great first novel Casey, keep up the good work.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Greater Good (Mystery)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.