Pretty Bad (Romance)

October 28 2007 at 1:43 PM
Shirley Jump  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

r0821779494_l

Pretty Bad
by Shirley Jump
Buy book: $5.39

Madison Worth may be your average over-the-hill, overpaid top model, but she is not a diva. The cake throwing incident at the New York Fall Fashion Show? Completely justified. It wasn’t her fault Kate Moss’s face got in the way. But the fallout has her deep in social Siberia -- literally -- on a dairy farm in podunk, Massachusetts. Why? To get a job of course! As spokesmodel for the Cheese Pleese Company. (Talk about eating humble pie.) And her new boss, Jack Pleeseman, leaves a lot -- six-foot two inches worth -- to be desired...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Brenda
(no login)

Can't wait to read this one

October 29 2007, 9:06 AM 

As a mid-West girl, raised on a dairy farm, I can't wait to read this one. Madison doesn't have a chance on the farm!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Pretty Bad

October 30 2007, 11:52 AM 

This book does bring back memories of
growing up on a farm in Texas. Shirley
has done a great job with the characters.
The plot is very believable and the book
has a happy ending which most readers
expect from a romance story.

Scenes in the book will make you laugh
and you will be in a good mood when you
finish reading this!!

Respond to this message   
MBG 1968
(no login)

Hi Brenda

October 30 2007, 2:44 PM 

If you like books about dairy farms, read "Blessed are the Cheesemakers" by Sarah-Kate Lynch. Also maybe "Hot Dish" by Connie Brockway. I really enjoyed both of these books both are odd, romantic and funny.

Respond to this message   
TFoster
(no login)

Re: Can't wait to read this one

November 2 2007, 3:38 PM 

I can tell this book is gonna be great. It started out spicy so I hope it's continuously so...

Respond to this message   
Linda
(no login)

With a twist

October 29 2007, 3:45 PM 

I read a lot of historic romances, so I find this an interesting update on the spoiled debutante/landed gentry match-up. I also like the fact that it's set on a farm but isn't a Western. On the other hand, I've seen several takes on the rich city girl in the country set-up on Disney, so this will have to provide some different sort of action. Looking forward to tomorrow's read.

Respond to this message   
MBG1968
(no login)

Yeek!

October 30 2007, 2:21 PM 

I already have problems with this novel, and I haven't even started reading it yet!!!

#1 I don't think Kate Moss is really doing runway shows any more. She is a "celebrity" and may do some advertising, but few shows. It has been several years since she was big. She is looked at more as a "style icon" now. Her big drug problem a few years ago earned her lots of controversial attention and scared off lots of her former advertising customers.

#2 Runway models (i.e Kate Moss) are not the same thing as Sports Illustrated models. For instance Elle was supposedly the most popular model in the world, but did she ever show up in Vogue? I don't think so - or at least it was rare during her heyday. So if the male character saw the female lead character in Sports Illustrated, is it likely she would be in a runway show? Probably not.

This author needs to do some more research!

Respond to this message   
Michael
(no login)

Great start!

October 30 2007, 5:02 PM 

I love Kate Moss and the other top models! Madison is going to have to do a lot of adjusting.

I ordered my copy after the first installment!

Happy reading.

Respond to this message   
Linda
(no login)

really cooking

October 31 2007, 3:30 PM 

Day 3 and I'm loving the humor, especially the recipes. Since I'm enjoying this book, I can suspend my disbelief about runway vs. magazine models. Isn't that what fiction is all about?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Pretty Bad (Romance)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.