<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

When the Game is Over It All Goes Back in the Box (GoodNews/Christian)

May 3 2008 at 11:41 AM
John Ortberg  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

When the Game is Over It All Goes Back in the Box
by John Ortberg
Buy this book

A promotion. A new house. The rewards of winning at life's game can be thrilling. But eventually everything goes back into the box, and what ultimately matters is whether we?ve played according to God's rules. John Ortberg uses popular games and his trademark gift of storytelling to help us live our lives for the things that really count.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on May 12, 2008 1:55 PM
This message has been edited by chapteraday on May 9, 2008 5:11 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Smiles & Memories

May 5 2008, 10:54 AM 

I would almost swear this person has the same grandmother I did. In her house, it was not Rook, but Pinochle, Euchre, and Hand & Foot. Being Grandma's partner was a prized position, but woe to the partner who missed a trick! Smiles at the memories. Thanks:)

Respond to this message   
Wendy S
(Login wendycernik)

Re: When the Game is Over It All Goes Back in the Box (GoodNews/Christian)

May 5 2008, 10:27 PM 

This sounds like a good book. Insightful and humorous. I like the " pouting and self-pity, two of my spiritual gifts..."

Respond to this message   

(no login)

touched

May 6 2008, 10:36 AM 

I'm going to get my own copy of this book!

I can relate as a grand daughter and as a grandmother - what am I teaching my grandchildren?

I love it. Our pastor mentioned having three funerals a week for three weeks, and this reading brought it all home..........

Respond to this message   
Wendy S
(Login wendycernik)

Re: touched

May 6 2008, 9:34 PM 

It is interesting. THe Good News book club is reading about the accumulation of wealth all ends up back in the box. The Nonfiction book club is reading the biography of the Astors, and their wealth accumulation.

Respond to this message   
Glynis
(no login)

Re: When the Game is Over It All Goes Back in the Box (GoodNews/Christian)

May 7 2008, 10:43 AM 

I'm really enjoying this one as well. I think we can all relate to feeling on top of the world for a moment, and when it's gone...then what?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - When the Game is Over It All Goes Back in the Box (GoodNews/Christian)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.