<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

A Tisket, a Tasket, a Fancy Stolen Casket (Mystery)

July 19 2008 at 12:07 PM
Fran Rizer  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

A Tisket, a Tasket, a Fancy Stolen Casket: A Callie Parrish Mystery
by Fran Rizer
ISBN: 9780425218006

Mortuary cosmetologist Calamine Callie Parrish stares death in the face every day. But when she finds a hypodermic needle in the neck of an "accidental" drowning victim, and the victims fancy casket is stolen, Callie finds herself in over her head and in the way of a killer, in this mystery debut.

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Jul 19, 2008 12:09 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Susan
(Login pandorasbox2006)

Good start

July 21 2008, 9:39 AM 

An interesting and funny start. Will read the rest of the week's excerpts and hope it continues to be a light and funny read.

I may put this book on hold at the library!

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Re: A Tisket, a Tasket, a Fancy Stolen Casket (Mystery)

July 21 2008, 10:56 AM 

Looks like another "cozy" type mystery and may be fun - especially in light of the fact I have been reading some John Lescroart books lately and perhaps it's just me but had difficulty keeping the characters straight - felt I needed to write down the names and keep a record but did not do so - the one I enjoyed most was "The Hunt Club" which seemed to have more character traits and Hunt was more real to me than even Dismas Hardy - will try this book on for size and see how it goes - a good beginning with her new blow-up bra -

Respond to this message   
Meesha
(no login)

Tisket a Tasket

July 22 2008, 4:08 PM 

Love this pre read. Good so far and I will definitely put this on hold for the whole story.

Respond to this message   
Nancy
(Login nancyowens)

What a book!

July 23 2008, 9:14 AM 

My coworker received a box of books from Suzanne and has been passing them around the library as she finishes them. We loved this book, ordered a copy and the next one (Hey Diddle Diddle, the Corpse and the Fiddle) for the library. And plan to get the next one (Casket Case) when it is available. I have laughed so hard reading these books. I hope everyone enjoys them as much as we have. She is a great author!

Respond to this message   
Doris
(no login)

Re: What a book!

July 23 2008, 3:06 PM 

Sounds like just what I need - a laugh out loud book - alas, my library does not have - maybe can get an interlibrary loan or loans -

Respond to this message   
Wendy S
(no login)

Re: A Tisket, a Tasket, a Fancy Stolen Casket (Mystery)

July 23 2008, 12:15 PM 

I like it so far. I especially like her name, "Calamine" better than "Pepto-Bismol".

Respond to this message   
Mary H.
(no login)

Good First Book!

July 25 2008, 8:09 AM 

I think I'm gonna like this book. Now that I've read some of it, I want to figure out what happened.

Respond to this message   
Alicia
(no login)

Casket

July 25 2008, 8:32 PM 

I've really enjoyed this read. I've found myself laughing aloud as I read. I will have to check and see if our library has or can get it so I can finish the rest of the story . . .

Respond to this message   
diane
(no login)

aha!

July 29 2008, 12:56 AM 

I'm new to the book club and just couldn't figure out where the rest of the book was! But now I see by your messages that this club is a "pre read"and I can finish the book if I get it from the library! NOW I can stop going crazy! Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AmyS
(no login)

If you're thinking of picking up this book

August 4 2008, 4:47 PM 

get a copy ASAP. It was a fun quick read. I am already on the list for her second book and I have looked up her third book in Amazon. It should come out this fall.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.