<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Like a Charm (Romance) TALK WITH THE AUTHOR! BOOK GIVEAWAY!

September 5 2008 at 2:54 PM
Candace Havens  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Like a Charm
by Candace Havens 
ISBN: 9780425219263

Kira Smythe never thought she'd end up back in her hometown of Sweet, Texas. But now that her high-powered job, along with her five-year plan, have gone right out the window, she's back where she started, staying with her hippie, tofu- obsessed parents-except that somehow she's inherited the local library. At least there's a gorgeous guy in town who seems quite smitten with her. So what if he's got a few secrets up his sleeve? After all, Kira's got her own secrets. Like the dead people who won't stop talking to her. Or the magical books on the shelves. Or the fact that someone who's very much alive seems determined to push her over to the other side.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Candace Havens
(Login CandyHavens)

Hello readers!

September 5 2008, 3:49 PM 

Welcome to the preview of my book, LIKE A CHARM. I hope you enjoy reading it each day. At the end of the week I will be giving away an ARC of my upcoming book, "The Demon King and I", and a copy of "Charmed & Ready". I look forward to any comments or questions you may have this week about LIKE A CHARM. -- Candy

Respond to this message   
Wendy Catalano
(no login)

Alot of Fun

September 8 2008, 6:02 AM 

Candy Like A Charm sounds like alot of fun.

I look forward to reading it.

Wendy

Respond to this message   
Margarita Medina
(no login)

LIKE A CHARM

September 8 2008, 10:17 AM 

I was more into Non-Fiction books, but this seems interesting. I start enjoying it.

Margarita

Respond to this message   
kelly
(no login)

fun read

September 8 2008, 3:49 PM 

I read todays excerpt, and I can't wait to read the whole book, it seems like it'll be a lot of fun. Is it part of a series, or does it stand alone?

Respond to this message   
Kelley Hartsell
(Login shewolf0316)

Hey Candy!

September 8 2008, 4:01 PM 

When I saw your book was chosen for this week's read I just HAD to pop in and say hello to you!

Haven't seen you in a while at the book clubs and such between your busy schedule and mine but I hope all is well. Looking forward to you emceeing at the Richardson Literacy Tea again this year. Don't forget the tiara!

Kelley

Kelley

Respond to this message   
Candy
(Login CandyHavens)

Re: Hey Candy!

September 9 2008, 12:55 PM 

Kelley!
Woot! It's great to see you here! Every time you guys have book club I'm out of town. :-) That happens a lot lately. I'm looking forward to the Buns and Roses tea too. I need someone to remind me about my tiara. I forgot last time.

Candy

Respond to this message   
neecy
(no login)

looks promising for a really fun read

September 8 2008, 11:20 PM 

Wow! I've been trying these sample reads for a while and this one really caught my eye. I read this romance stuff sometimes because I just want to have fun with a book. Need a break from all the serious stuff that I'm required to read. Seems like a really creative premise and I look forward to seeing where it goes from here. Do your other books have this element of magic in them? You are a new author to me and I will have to look for more of your work. Look forward to the rest of the week.

Respond to this message   
Candy
(Login CandyHavens)

Re: looks promising for a really fun read

September 9 2008, 12:59 PM 

Neecy,
Magic is a big part of what I write. I just love it! :-)

Candy

Respond to this message   
Kate Austin
(no login)

Hey, Candy

September 11 2008, 11:06 AM 

I'm dying to read Like a Charm and am not reading the excerpts here because I want to read it in one fell swoop. You know how much I loved Charmed and Ready and have been waiting for this book for what feels like forever.

Kate
(your fellow Witchy Chick)

Respond to this message   
Stephanie
(Login StephDK)

Yeah!

September 8 2008, 11:06 AM 

I'm glad we get a chance to preview your book this week. I've had your name pop up in those "if you like this author you should read. . ." etc. and your books all sound good and exactly the kind I like to read but as of yet I haven't had a chance to read any. I am really looking forward to reading this weeks excerpt!!! Thanks for being a part of the book club.

Respond to this message   
Racheal Roberts
(no login)

Like a Charm

September 8 2008, 11:36 AM 

Candace -
I can't wait to read the installments of your book this week. I live in a small town in Texas, so I can't wait to read about Sweet, TX.
:-)
Racheal

Respond to this message   
Candy Havens
(Login CandyHavens)

Hi!

September 8 2008, 7:56 PM 

Hello Everyone!

Thanks so much for hanging out with me this week. I'm here if you have any questions about LIKE A CHARM. I will tell you it's a prequel to my Charmed & Dangerous, Charmed & Ready and Charmed & Deadly, which are about a powerful witch who protects the British Prime Minister. The witch is Bronwyn and when she's not traveling the world, she has a home in the magical, small town of Sweet Texas. That's where she met Kira, who is the star of Like A Charm. She's a lawyer who becomes a psychic librarian. I have to tell you that I love writing about this world. I mean LOVE IT. I want to live in Sweet. :-)

Anyhoo. I'm here and you can ask me anything about books or writing.

Take Care
Candy Havens
www.candacehavens.com

Respond to this message   
Kay Martinez
(no login)

Like A Charm

September 8 2008, 8:50 PM 

I was so excited to see that Like A Charm was the selection this week! I read this book when it was released and LOVED it!

Do you plan on this being the beginning of a series? I'd love to see more of these characters.

Respond to this message   
Candy
(Login CandyHavens)

Re: Like A Charm

September 9 2008, 12:58 PM 

Kay,
I would like Kira's story to be a series. I have a proposal into my editor so it's up to her, and quite possibly how well the book sells. ;-)

Take Care

Candy

Respond to this message   
Jessica
(no login)

Not bad!

September 8 2008, 9:07 PM 

I just got done reading the preview to your book. Normally I'm not a big fan of romance and the supernatural mixing, but so far so good. I can't wait to read the rest of the chapters this week. When will she meet the guy? Can't wait!!!

Respond to this message   
Candy
(Login CandyHavens)

Re: Not bad!

September 9 2008, 1:00 PM 

Jessica,
I don't know if it will make a difference to you, but I don't know if my books are considered so much romance as books that have romantic elements. Though I admit Like A Charm is probably a little more romantic than the rest. I hope you'll check them out! :-)

Candy

Respond to this message   
Connie
(no login)

Fun read

September 10 2008, 4:42 PM 

So far the excerpts have been very good. I am looking forward to finishing this book and reading your future ones Candace. I love this type of genre and seems I have found a new author.

Connie

Respond to this message   
Tammy
(no login)

Good Start!

September 10 2008, 5:31 PM 

I can usually tell if I am going to like a book by reading the first few pages. After reading it these past few days it is a good start! I think I will enjoy reading this book.

Respond to this message   
Candy Havens
(Login CandyHavens)

Thank you both

September 10 2008, 9:56 PM 

Connie and Tammy, Thank you both for stopping by. I really hope you enjoy the books.

Folks if you have any questions at all, or want to know what's up next, I'm here. :-)

Candy

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.