<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

A Matter of Wife & Death (GoodNews) CHAT WITH THE AUTHOR!

September 12 2008 at 2:44 PM
Ginger Kolbaba & Christy Sc  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

A Matter of Wife & Death
by Ginger Kolbaba & Christy Scannell
ISBN: 9781416543886

Four pastors' wives in Red River, Ohio, must decide what it truly means to be wives, mothers, and daughters of God. Will the faith they proclaim be enough to see them through their individual challenges?

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Sep 12, 2008 2:47 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Christy Scannell
(Login ChristyScannell)

Hello readers!

September 12 2008, 2:56 PM 

Welcome to the preview of the book, A Matter of Wife & Death, co-authored by Ginger Kolbaba. I hope you enjoy reading it each day and look forward to any comments or questions you may have. -- Christy Scannell

Respond to this message   
Wendy S
(no login)

Re: Hello readers!

September 15 2008, 10:53 AM 

Hi Christy, Kitty sounds like a real great Christian, Not. If I overheard that comment I'd never step foot in her church.

Respond to this message   
Christy
(Login ChristyScannell)

September 16 2008, 4:49 PM 

Hi, Wendy. Kitty is a microcosm of the many "real great Christian" comments Ginger and I have heard over the years. Ginger is a PK so she especially was privy to some pretty awful assessments of her dad's preaching, her mom's clothes, their home, etc. It truly is amazing the thoughtless things people will say -- even Christians! But we hope Kitty is an influence to help people think twice before they offer their "opinions" to their pastor's family or each other.

Respond to this message   
Wendy S
(no login)

September 17 2008, 12:58 PM 

Christy, It is sad how some people expect perfection in others. Many people are afraid of pastors, their wives, and pk's because they feel they will be judged. I've felt that before. I've also been included in a decompression time debriefing where everyone was allowed to vent. It was comforting and reassuring to me to hear the chaplains venting as freely as the rest of us. Take Care, Wendy

Respond to this message   
Christy
(Login ChristyScannell)

September 18 2008, 4:49 PM 

Wendy, you were fortunate to find a safe haven to air your feelings. Many of the PWs I've heard from say they cannot trust anyone, even other PWs. That can be very isolating, I'm sure. Just another reason why we church members need to be sensitive to our PWs and their families.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.