<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Between Here and April (Pre-Pub)

September 19 2008 at 2:50 PM
Deborah Copaken Kogan  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Between Here and April
by Deborah Copaken Kogan 
ISBN: 9781565125629

When a deep-rooted memory suddenly surfaces, Elizabeth Burns becomes obsessed with the long-ago disappearance of her childhood friend April Cassidy. Driven to investigate, Elizabeth discovers a thirty-five-year-old newspaper article revealing the details that had been hidden from her as a child-shocking revelations about April's mother, Adele.

Elizabeth, now herself a mother, tracks down the people who knew Adele Cassidy and who thought that they knew what was going through her mind before she committed that most incomprehensible of crimes. She seeks out anyone who might help piece together the final months, days, and hours of this troubled woman's life-from Adele's former neighbor to her psychiatrist to her sister.

But the answers are more elusive than any normal investigation can yield, the questions raised are difficult to contemplate. In fact, the further into the story Elizabeth digs, the more she is forced to accept that she and Adele might not be so different.

Elizabeth's exploration thus leads her ultimately back to herself: her compromised marriage, her increasing self-doubt, her desire for more out of her career and her life, and finally to a fearsome reckoning with what it means to be a wife and mother.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Angel
(no login)

Good book so far

September 24 2008, 11:28 PM 

This reminds me & takes me a good 20+ years back, to the neighbor girl I hung around with. From her in kindergarten to my graduation, we remained friends, then lost touch. A couple years later, 2 elementary school girls found my friends' body in a snowbank. She was her parents only child, and she had 2 beautiful daughters of her own. Some say she dug too deep in her boyfriend's "hobby", I say only the good die young. Elusive answers everywhere.

Respond to this message   
Kathy
(no login)

Great!

September 25 2008, 12:25 AM 

I cannot wait for this book to come out! I just have to know how it ends.

Respond to this message   
Liz
(no login)

Gotta get it!

September 25 2008, 7:02 AM 

I have really enjoyed this and cannot wait for it to be published. Am surprised no one else has commented on it but maybe not that many read the pre-published books?

Respond to this message   
Julie
(no login)

Good Book

October 8 2008, 2:33 PM 

I just finished the book the other day and really enjoyed it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.