<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Reckless Faith (GoodNews) TALK WITH THE AUTHOR!

September 19 2008 at 3:00 PM
Beth Guckenberger  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Reckless Faith: Let Go and Be Led
by Beth Guckenberger 
ISBN: 9780310283935

"The stories in the chapters that follow aren't chronological. They're not a history of how I found myself living on the side of a mountain in Mexico, and I'm not sure that would interest anyone but my mother and her friends anyway. Instead, I've mined my journals for those moments when God used the very people I thought I was in Mexico to lead, to lead me. Time and again I've been led to trust God, with my little mustard seed of faith, to see how he not only shows up in our circumstance-but he shows off! It's not because he needs to prove himself; rather, he is demonstrating to a forgotten population-the orphans that I serve-that he will be their Father and Protector and Provider."

Beth and Todd established a ministry that helps orphans-the poorest, most defenseless members of a needy populace. And while the stories here are drawn from those experiences, this book isn't a memoir.

It's about living with faith, with the certainty that God will show up, exactly where and exactly when He's needed. Beth calls it a reckless faith-a willingness to trust even when you don't understand. And her book-an inspiring collection of true stories about real people who, when faced with real challenges, chose to trust God-is a call to live with Reckless Faith.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Beth Guckenberger
(Login BethGuckenberger)

Hello Readers!

September 19 2008, 3:18 PM 

Welcome to the preview of my book, Reckless Faith. I hope you enjoy reading it each day and look forward to any comments or questions you may have. -- Beth Guckenberger

Respond to this message   
Glynis
(no login)

Re: Hello Readers!

September 21 2008, 10:42 PM 

I love your contrast between 'refined faith' and 'reckless faith'. The first day's read has definitely left me wanting more..not just of the book, but the 'reckless' kind of faith, too!

Respond to this message   
Beth Guckenberger
(Login BethGuckenberger)

Re: Hello Readers!

September 23 2008, 2:52 PM 

I am glad you like the difference between refined and reckless faith, I just keep hoping that the more I know the "Who" the more the "where, what, when and how" questions won't matter.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Inspiring

September 22 2008, 1:07 AM 

Dear Beth, It is only day one of this book and I am already hooked!! I love how you write, so that I can feel the passion that you have for God, that shapes the life you live for him. It seems I keep coming to this point in my life, praying that it would stay like that forever, only to have it return to normal, everyday life, going through the motions with so many others around me who are also just going through the motions, but so hungry to find those few whose faith is vibrant and alive that I can experience a few moments of the presence of God with. Then I'll get there again, those shining moments, and say, "yes, God, this is where I want to live, with you so very real", knowing in my heart it will only last a short while again. Is there any cure for this? I am eager to read your book, for the inspiration it is giving and I'm sure will continue to give, and the great joy of reading about God alive and working in the lives of those who are hurting. Thank you, Sue

Respond to this message   
Beth Guckenberger
(Login BethGuckenberger)

Re: Inspiring

September 23 2008, 2:54 PM 

Hooked is a good thing, reading stories it's easy to get caught up in a book... that's my favorite kind of book to read and the kind I like to write. The "yes, God" you are feeling is the agreement of our spirit with the One who made us... such a powerful experience to let go and surrender. Keep reading and tell me how it's going!

Respond to this message   
RS
(no login)

challenging

September 25 2008, 1:18 AM 

Wow, I'm not sure if I listen so well for God's leading when I'm busy doing things. That is definitely a challenge I will think about.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Hi from Irapuato

September 26 2008, 11:19 AM 

Hi Beth. I've never written to an author before but I feel the Lord urging me to write. I came to Mexico 25 years ago as a Missionary. I married a Mexican doctor and we are now Pastors of a church in Irapuato. The Lord has put a burden on us for missions. I would like to be in touch with you as to how we can help.I admire your testimony and courage to continue with the work the Lord has given to you. I await your reply. Love in Christ, Linda

This message has been edited by chapteraday on Sep 26, 2008 3:12 PM

Respond to this message   
Beth Guckenberger
(Login BethGuckenberger)

Re: Hi from Irapuato

September 26 2008, 4:55 PM 

Thanks for your note. I would love to talk to you, you can contact me through our website, www.back2backministries.org Thank you for your encouraging comments...

Respond to this message   

(Login kwelsh03)

Interesting

September 26 2008, 4:58 PM 

I love that you include your life story and also spiritual lessons/growth. I also really enjoy reading verses from the Message (Bible). I can't wait to read more. :)

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Reckless Faith (GoodNews) TALK WITH THE AUTHOR!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.