<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Write Naked (Teen)

October 3 2008 at 3:24 PM
Peter Gould  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Write Naked
by Peter Gould 
ISBN: 9780374384838

Sixteen-year-old Victor, a thoughtful loner who tries to live his life "under the radar," wants to test out the saying "You have to be naked to write." When he sneaks off with an old Royal typewriter to his uncle's cabin deep in the Vermont woods and strips off his clothes, he expects Thoreau-like solitude. What he gets is something else--both funny and, as his high school English teacher likes to say, "transformative." For he discovers a face in the window watching him--Rose Anna, a homeschooled free spirit with an antique fountain pen and a passion to save the planet. Their unexpected encounter marks the beginning of an inspired writing partnership--and a relationship as timeless and eager as the Vermont woods in spring. A strikingly original debut novel that introduces two storytellers with different kinds of tales: one--in Victor's unforgettable voice--a quirky, contemporary love story; the other--by Rose Anna--an ecological fantasy featuring a tiny heroic newt. Together, the teens explore the possibility of connections - to one another, the woods outside, and the world beyond.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Write Naked

October 6 2008, 5:21 PM 

This is a really good book i am definitly going to keep reading

Respond to this message   
Ali
(no login)

Re: Write Naked (Teen)

October 7 2008, 12:04 PM 

I'm impressed at his intelligence level. I probably would have figured out a way to strap the typewriter onto my bike, but I wouldn't have taken the path his brain did. Vietnam and the Ho Chi Minh Trail led him to the idea. Interesting.

Respond to this message   
Amber
(no login)

Hmm..

October 7 2008, 6:14 PM 

This book seemed a little boring on Monday, but today I enjoyed reading the next chapter.

Respond to this message   
Ali
(no login)

Re: Write Naked (Teen)

October 8 2008, 1:51 PM 

I don't think giving inanimate objects "voices" like Victor does is all that uncommon. I think it's pretty creative.

Respond to this message   
Kaitlyn
(no login)

Whoa

October 10 2008, 5:57 PM 

When i first heard the title and read the summary of this book, I thought 'Eww. NAKED?' It just seemed kinda weird. It is definitely original, though.

Respond to this message   

(Login jenniferwhorley)

write naked

October 11 2008, 11:47 AM 

This was a pretty good book. A little different than what I am used to reading.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Write Naked (Teen)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.