<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Mozart's Ghost (Fiction) TALK WITH THE AUTHOR!

October 3 2008 at 3:28 PM
Julia Cameron  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Mozart's Ghost
by Julia Cameron 
ISBN: 9780312369118

From the internationally bestselling writer who created "The Artists Way" comes an enchanting and magical love story. Anna, a teacher by day and a medium by night, falls hard for her downstairs neighbor, a reserved concert pianist.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dear Reader
(Login JuliaCameron)

From the author...

October 3 2008, 3:31 PM 

This week's author, Julia Cameron, will be checking in a the forum, in between getting ready for the Chicago opening of her and Emma Lively's new musical, "The Medium at Large". If you have a question or comment for Julia about "Mozart's Ghost", please be sure to post it here.

Respond to this message   
Susan
(Login pandorasbox2006)

Agree

October 7 2008, 9:01 AM 

I agree with all the other readers. This is a very interesting and different kind of book. I will be putting this book on hold at the library.

I will also be checking out The Artist's Way!

Respond to this message   
Julia Cameron
(Login JuliaCameron)

Re: From the author...

October 15 2008, 1:06 PM 

I'm delighted you have enjoyed Mozart's Ghost! It was a wonderful world to create and inhabit while I wrote-- so wonderful that I have now written a sequel tracing Anna and Edward's further adventures. It is my hope that you will enjoy that as well.

Respond to this message   
Maggie Shaw
(Login leapoffaithfarmgirl)

today's passage

October 6 2008, 7:47 AM 

I'm hooked already! I'm going to stop by the library this afternoon before soccer practice and see if it is there.

Respond to this message   
CHACHI
(no login)

WOW..................

October 6 2008, 10:59 AM 

I am so going out to get this today. I am already hooked, and I usually need a few days to be certain.

Respond to this message   
Caroline
(no login)

Love it...

October 6 2008, 11:55 AM 

This is a book I already know I am going to finish, it has drawn me in immediately. I read THE ARTIST'S WAY by Julia Cameron a couple of years ago(at 40-something) and it changed my life, so I am a big fan of hers. Yet this book is completely different, as it is fiction. It is fun and lively and I cannot wait to get it.

Respond to this message   
Angie
(Login ahurlbut)

So far, so good.

October 7 2008, 3:40 PM 

I'm liking this read quite a bit. I can identify with Anna, in the feeling like getting away from her hometown will make her fit in better.

What I find amusing? I left my "conventional and conservative Midwest" town to move to Ann Arbor, MI!

I've found Ann Arbor to be not very conventional or conservative compared to where I came from, but I'm sure it is compared to New York City! It will be interesting to see where this story goes. I think I'll see if my library has it available, so I can read the whole book, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What wild desires, what restless torments seize
The hapless man, who feels the book-disease..."
- Dr. John Ferriar (from the poem Bibliomania, 1863)

Respond to this message   
Erin
(no login)

I agree with Angie

October 11 2008, 11:42 AM 

Lol, I was slightly taken a back by the comment of Ann Arbor being conservative and conventional! I live in Ypsilanti, right outside of Ann Arbor and work at the Ann Arbor District Library. Perhaps the uppercrust U of M crowd can be stuffy and predictable, but the people (the younger crowd/generation) I hang out with are complete opposites. I hang out with the "misfit" crowd, some believeing in paranormal activity. I myself am intrigued with it. New York may be a haven for unconventional people, but I also believe that Ann Arbor is too!

Respond to this message   
Sharon
(no login)

I can hardly wait ...

October 8 2008, 12:38 PM 

This is the first book I've previewed where I am sitting here waiting for the next installment and can hardly await its arrival! This is on my "must read" list, and I'm going looking for the other books written by this author. Thank you for the intro and info.

Respond to this message   
Krista
(no login)

Great book!

October 9 2008, 10:23 AM 

I love the beginning of this book - I put in a hold request at my library already and am just waiting to go pick it up!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.