<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

The Moon in the Mango Tree (GoodNews) TALK WITH THE AUTHOR!

October 12 2008 at 2:34 PM
Pamela Binnings Ewen  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

The Moon in the Mango Tree
by Pamela Binnings Ewen
ISBN: 9780805447330

Set in Siam and Europe during the 1920s, this work is based upon the true story of Barbara Bond, a beautiful young ex-patriot and opera singer from Philadelphia, who is forced to choose between her fierce desire for independence and a deep abiding love for her missionary husband.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Pamela Ewen
(Login PamelaEwen)

Re: The Moon in the Mango Tree (GoodNews) TALK WITH THE AUTHOR!

October 12 2008, 2:46 PM 

Welcome readers to the preview of my book, The Moon in the Mango Tree. I hope you enjoy reading it each day and look forward to any comments or questions you may have. -- Pamela Ewen

Respond to this message   
Judy
(no login)

True story

October 13 2008, 7:19 PM 

Hi Pamela,
This book had my interest right from the start - the book jacket. It says based on a true story. Are you the grand daughter or daughter of Harvey and his wife?
I will definitely check out my library for your book.

thanks

Respond to this message   
Pamela
(Login PamelaEwen)

true story

October 14 2008, 1:44 AM 

Hi Judy - Yes this is a true story about a period of my grandmother's life in the 1920's -- the jazz age. It's set in Siam (now Thailand), Paris, and Rome. She was a beautiful woman. There's a picture of her in the back of the book. When women got the right to vote in 1920, she thought she would be free to follow any star they reached for. But not so, not just yet. And she had to choose between her family and her career, not once, but twice. That generation of women were the first, though, to have the RIGHT to choose. They paved the way for us today and many of us are still facing the same choice today, too.

Respond to this message   
Wendy S
(no login)

Re: true story

October 15 2008, 11:11 AM 

Sounds very interesting. I'm ready to hide from everyday life and get lost in the sights and sounds of early 20th century Siam/Thailand.

Respond to this message   
Pamela
(Login PamelaEwen)

Re: true story

October 16 2008, 10:05 AM 

Aren't we all!! Bret Lott (the author of the novel "Jewel", which was an Oprah pick) called The Moon in the Mango Tree "an old fashioned--in the best sense--tale of love, adventure, faith and the clash of desire and duty." That's a pretty good description, and in this world right now, we all deserve a little bit of time out of time. Pamela

Respond to this message   
Judy
(no login)

True story

October 15 2008, 11:29 AM 

Awesome! If my library doesn't have the book, then off to Borders... I love true stories, especially when they are in the Good News section.
Thanks for responding!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Moon in the Mango Tree (GoodNews) TALK WITH THE AUTHOR!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.