<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  

Indestructible (NonFiction)

October 12 2008 at 2:42 PM
Jack Lucas  (Login chapteraday)
Forum Owner

Indestructible: The Unforgettable Story of a Marine Hero at the Battle of Iwo Jima
by Jack Lucas 
ISBN: 9780306815423

During the battle of Iwo Jima, two enemy grenades landed close to Jack Lucas and his buddies. Jack threw himself on one of the grenades, grabbed the second, and pulled it beneath his body. His buddies were saved, but Lucas was badly injured. Miraculously, he survived-but just barely. For this brave action seventeen-year-old Jack Lucas from North Carolina became the youngest Marine in history to receive the Medal of Honor. "Indestructible" reveals the rocky road that led Jack Lucas to Iwo Jima, his arduous recovery, and the obstacles Jack overcame later in life. Jack's moving and powerful memoir is a testament to America's greatest generation.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lisa
(no login)

Re: Indestructible (NonFiction)

October 14 2008, 9:35 AM 

This book went from weak cliches and poor language in the first day's read to just plain boring by the second day's.

If the introduction is a chance to grab the reader's attention, I don't think anything would make me want to try and read the rest of this book.

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

Iwojima

October 17 2008, 11:02 AM 

I'd have to disagree...I found it quite intriguing and may just look to see if it's available at my library. Perhaps it has to do with two things. First you have to have an interest in nonfiction; second, have some interest in history and war. Try not to give up!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Indestructible (NonFiction)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to list of Book Titles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
© Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved
Book prices may vary without notice.