POW Uniform?January 11 2007 at 12:24 PM
|Alex (Login gate1)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
I was looking through some of my uniforms yesterday and came across a BD I have dated 1944. Its war service dress, but has 'P W S' stamped inside which I had never really taken much notice of before.
I seem to recall recently that a black BD was sold (or for sale) on ebay with the PWS stampings inside and was referred to as 'Prisoner of war Service', I E, those given to the POWs as replacement uniform.
Is this correct, and with it being RAF blue instead of black, particularly unusual?
- Not PoW - Chris Kanca on Jan 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
- POw's - shide on Jan 11, 2007, 1:35 PM
- PWS - Scott K. Bellis on Jan 11, 2007, 1:57 PM
- PWS - Alex on Jan 11, 2007, 2:11 PM
- POWs - Clive M. Law - Service Publications on Jan 11, 2007, 7:03 PM
- Re: Not PoW - Gerry on Jan 12, 2007, 4:27 AM
- Bad News. - A J Smith on Jan 12, 2007, 12:16 PM