Return to Index  

Used v Mint...

October 28 2008 at 8:21 AM
Alex  (Login gate1)
Forum Member
from IP address 91.106.43.163

Response to Re: I agree Floris

I agree Floris. An original item is always best, and I'd never usually advise stripping or refirbishing an item unless its really knackered. My Type 19 mic was the forst I'd seen, but luckily I saw what it was and picked it up for about 25. It was without chamois and loom, so I added these, although if it had had the loom (for example) I would have refitted the original one. The HFC E Carbon mic and loom is the only one I have seen complete, but I'd get one that was missing its loom, and add one to it later, if it was the only one I found. In the case of my D Mask & Type 19, although not used in action and without history, its all in super condition, and has been a satisfying restoration project.

My main interest is insignia and where possible I try and obtain as best condition as I can, so usually prefer mint items rather than used or very worn. I think with insignia, if offered identical badges, one worn and with history or from a known owner, and the other mint, I'd normally go with mint.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Yes agree - Ben on Oct 28, 2008, 8:51 AM
    • Backatcha! - Alex on Oct 28, 2008, 10:11 AM
      • Yes - Ben on Oct 28, 2008, 10:19 AM