Return to Index  

Colours

August 19 2009 at 12:36 PM

Ben  (Login Philip.ed)
Forum Member
from IP address 86.144.96.166

Response to Price

Well, after getting home from my 2 week hoiday I have to say that this looks very interesting. I had, as I think Neil was aware, been in conversation with Mick P on the subject of hoses  a few months ago and he was telling me that the ONLY correct colours were black with a yellow fleck and the earlier beige pattern. I was not sure on this, as he was basing it on every piece he had seen, so I asked steve silburn and he said that other colours might have been used (nothing is certain) as there would have been hundreds made and because the vast majority of pictures taken during the BoB were B&W it is hard to make colours out. I think that if you plan to make the hoses Neil, then it would be safer to stick to either of the two patterns I mentioned above and not any kind of multi-coloured patterns.

I would personally be intersted in a length if all goes well, although have you managed to locate that hosing you had with the green and red fleck?

Incidentally, at Hawkinge they have hoses on display (which I had thought were original) but according to Mick P these are in fact repros. Theses hoses have a variety of colours (like black with blue etc) and so I am unsure on whether or not this is in fact correct....

Regards

Ben  

Respond to this message   
Responses