Return to Index  

Type 18 speaker pics

June 21 2012 at 7:42 PM
Hurriboy  (Login Hurriboy)
Forum Member
from IP address 86.181.32.85

Hi guys,

Just a quick post to ask if anyone has any good pics of the type 18 mic with the speaker cap off...? I know there have been some previous posts with similar questions but for the life of me i cant find any viewable pics on the forum showing whats under the pepperpot speaker cap.

Reason being i am over half way in the process of producing a replica mic for my own collection,and not having particularly deep pockets or luck enough to stumble on an original i thought making one would be the only way i would be able to achieve ownership of anything like an original. So far ive completed an (exact) alloy mic housing pressing using original dimentions and data. Im very pleased with the result and want to be able to replicate it to the smallest detail. Ive already mastered the sprayed cork layer, stiched two peice chamois cover and the switch bakerlite parts however, very few pictures exist of the mics showing the internal speaker parts. If i can see whats under the cap then i can continue with my little project.

If you can post some pics or email me it would be very much appreciated,

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Mac

Respond to this message   
Responses