<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RCAF Dress Regulations and Other Reference Material

January 28 2005 at 7:03 PM

(Login Air-Ops)
Forum Member
from IP address 24.43.101.32

Many of you who frequent this post have already received PDF copies my compilations of the two wartime editions of the RCAF Dress Regulations. Since there is an ongoing interest through this forum, and new members join on a regular basis, I have posted these Dress Regulations online for easy access.

For the info of anyone new, I have compiled a copy of the two wartime editions of CAP (Canadian Air Publication) 6, Dress Regulations for the Royal Canadian Air Force. Each edition is complete and consists of the following - a copy of the regulations as originally published with all of the original text and information, a copy of the complete texts of all of the amendments including their issue date, and a research guide that identifies each paragraph or section and its appropriate amendment(s).

A researcher/collector/re-enactor, by referring to the research guide and applying the amendments, can determine appropriate regulations for any specific period of time covered by these editions. The two editions are as follows:

CAP 6 - 1925 (1939).pdf - CAP 6 Edition 2, Dress Regulations for the Royal Canadian Air Force 1925, reprinted 1939 incorporating amendments 1 to 22 - as published with separate amendment lists 23 to 42.

CAP 6 1944 R.pdf (Regulations) & CAP 6 1944 A.pdf (Amendments) - CAP 6 Edition 3, Dress Orders for the Royal Canadian Air Force 1944 - as published with separate amendment lists 1 to 11.

If you are interested in obtaining a copy of these Dress Regulations they are posted at the following link:

http://ca.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/quigleydesign@rogers.com

The Dress Regulations are in PDF format. The 1939 edition is contained in one document. The 1944 edition is contained in two documents due to file size, one part consists of the Regulations, and the second part contains the amendments.

I have also posted a copy (in JPEG format) of an early wartime booklet on the RCAF WD. It has lots of photos and information. This booklet was re-published following a uniform pattern change in 1943, and I have also posted a copy of the pages that were changed in the new edition.

If this is useful, I will post other information as it is completed. These documents are offered free of charge. I ask that you email me to let me know that you have downloaded them so I can guage how much interest there is, and determine how long to leave them posted.

Enjoy

George Quigley

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - RCAF Dress Regulations and Other Reference Material
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index