(Login stringbag)
Forum Member
from IP address 63.175.130.15

ttp://www.customflix.com/212916

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login victorybonds)
553 Sqdn

Re: "BomberBoys" series have you seen it?

March 30 2007, 1:42 AM 

I've seen the complete series. The series was originally made for the History Television up here in Canada. It was filmed on an old wartime base in Picton, Ontario. They came out to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum to film with the Lancaster. I liked that they bridged the two generations. Having the younger generation go through the a small portion of the gruelling training/education and hopefully appreciate what their grandfathers had gone through.

It's not a bad series although it does rush through the entire BCATP program. I remember being interviewed for the project and learning about their time schedule of production. The whole thing took around one month to film (From training to trip to Europe).I may have posted something about this series on the forum a long while back.

Dean

PS Have you seen "The 13th Mission". A little disappointed that they used a CGI Lancaster.

Respond to this message   

(Login stringbag)
Forum Member

Dean I have a copy of 13th Mission and....

March 30 2007, 10:08 AM 

I liked the attached news doc about Mynarski VC better than the CBC recreation, and that's the second Canadian film that I've seen with the worst Mae west repros.

Wingco

Respond to this message   

Huxley
(Login huxley602)
Forum Member

Yes, liked it a lot!

March 30 2007, 10:19 AM 

Mickey (Don Zorniak) on this forum can provide more details.... seems a relative of his did post production work or s/fx I believe.

I watched with my 7 year old son and he loved it. He even favors the young skateboarder (English was his surname) and I think saw a bit of himself in it. It sparked a lot of interest in Lancs around OUR house!

Huxley

Respond to this message   

''Willis''
(Login GWillis)

Bomber Boys

April 1 2007, 1:20 PM 

I have seen it, and loved it. The scenes with the WW2 Vets and the young lads in training was really touching. You could watch the connection between the generations grow as the boys progressed in their training. I actually enjoyed it more the second time through, since I knew the importance of the connections between the Vets and the new trainees.

Respond to this message   

(Login stringbag)
Forum Member

I bought "Bomber Boys" It's a keeper!

April 5 2007, 9:39 AM 

Gentlemen,

One of the best RCAF/RAF documentry I've seen in ages! Gives good ideas for the fly boy reenactors! A MUST SEE!

You can buy on AMAZON.COM

Glenn

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - "BomberBoys" series have you seen it?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index