<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rules for reenacting in Netherlands

June 25 2007 at 5:44 AM

(Login mopic)
553 Sqdn
from IP address 82.100.0.42

We are going to spend our family holiday next week in Netherlands in the area Arnhem, St' Hertogenbosh, Nijmegen and Eindhoven.
I would like to ask our Dutch friends for help with searching of some information.
1) What are the rules for wearing of WWII uniforms (RAF of course) on public? Is it possible to visit museums, war graves etc. in the uniform in case that it is not an official reenactment event?
2) Are there in this area some good war museums? I know Airborne museum in Arnhem, Overloon museum, museum in Best and museum in Grooesbeek (hope I wrote it right). Is there also some aviation museum in this area?
3) Is there some good armyshop or something like this?

Thanks for any information.

Michal

www.europeanbattlefield.net/276

Michal "Mopic" Juran
British RAF and US Signal Corps reenactor

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Toine
(Login ToineS)
553 Sqdn

Arnhem... my hometown!

June 25 2007, 6:32 AM 

Hi Michal,

Arnhem is my hometown!! Maybe we can meet?
553 Sqn, B-flight unites!!

There basically are no rules for wearing unform in public. There is a rule saying you're not allowed to impersonate an official by wearing current uniforms you're not entitled to.

Even as TA (Reserve Army), you officially have to have permission to wear your uniform to an official 'do'.

I'm not aware of any restrictions in wearing uniforms from 'back in the day' in public.

As for museums, you've summed up the biggest and most interesting! Well done on your homework!

There is an aviation museum at Soesterberg: http://www.militaireluchtvaartmuseum.nl/ (all in Dutch - sorry)
It's near Utrecht which is a bit out of the way. But Holland is small so it shouldn't take more that 45 minutes to reach from Arnhem.

At Deelen Airbase there's a museum from an aircraft recovery group:
http://www.museumvlbdeelen.nl/index-1.html
Deelen is just north of Arnhem.

I hope I've been of help

Cheers, Toine

Respond to this message   

(Login mopic)
553 Sqdn

Arnhem... my hometown!

June 25 2007, 6:56 AM 

Hi Toine,

many thanks for the information. We can meet of course. I will be glad to see you. We will be in the Arnhem area approx. since July 2, 2007 till July 4, 2007. You can send me your mobile phone No. to my e-mail and I will send you sms when I am in Arnhem.

Regards,

Michal

Michal "Mopic" Juran
British RAF and US Signal Corps reenactor

Respond to this message   

(Login EurBattlefield)
Forum Member

Uniforms abroad

June 27 2007, 5:21 PM 

Hello Mopic,
I think, that isnīt big differencies between Belgium and Holland in this question. I travalled in uniform from Ostende to Luxembourg, without problems...and in museum in Bastogne, I see one boy in uniform too...It is pitty, your whole family canīt wear good - beceause blue - uniform

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Rules for reenacting in Netherlands
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index