Back to the Start!  

Jumping the shark in the age of Hulu

July 1 2012 at 4:20 AM
jiggy  (no login)

I don't think awful shows would go on for as long as they do if they weren't released until an entire season was finished.

Would anyone have watched LOST if they knew beforehand that no intriguing questions would ever be answered? no

Would TLC even still be on the air if they renamed themselves appropriately as the Say Yes to the Dress channel? Probably, but it's still a fucking disaster. (They can go ahead and kill the future whores of america, Toddlers in Tiarras, too) TLC used to stand for The Learning Channel and they actually used to be educational. I suppose they still are if you're interested in how to make your 2 year old look like a slut.

But enough about stations, how about shows?

FarScape: Should have died in season 3. I'm really sick and tired of movies/shows/plays, etc that focus on one white, english speaking man as the savior of the universe. UGH! I wish someone would make a "science fiction" movie that was actually a reality show and portray humans as we really are, greedy, shelfish, and utterly stupid. Show how we behave no different than any other life form on this planet, including bacteria, that do nothing but breed and eat and the only way we stop is when the weather changes drastically and we freeze, starve to death, or die in our own filth.

Jeremiah: Well, the Hulu algorithm suggested it so I gave it a shot. It was nice to see Theo of the Cosbys working again. That's about it. Aside from that, they claim that everyone older than the "Age of Innocence" (Which according to Catholics is 7) died of "The Big Death". OK, maybe 7 year olds would come up with that term but by the second season, they had helicopters and land vehicles and all kinds of shit. I guess nobody thought that 15 years is at least 14 years longer than any fuel would remain viable for use in an engine. That, and they push the God thing way too hard. AND 7 year olds don't absorb the knowledge of how to drive or fly by osmosis. I'm surprised they didn't show Kirk Cameron riding a dinosaur.

LEXX: Should still be on the air. They took the opposite approach and made me hate the show from the beginning but made me like it by the end. It's like Lake Placid.

RuPaul's Drag Race: Brilliant! Greedy, egotistical, stupid, flambouyant, and when the season is over? Nobody gives a shit!

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluSmirkdirkJul 1, 2012, 10:52 AM
  Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluCapsLockJul 1, 2012, 11:01 AM
   Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluSmirkdirkJul 1, 2012, 11:09 AM
   Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluHep CJul 1, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluOdd ToddJul 1, 2012, 11:22 AM
    Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HulujiggyJul 1, 2012, 1:29 PM
     Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HulucoolbreezeJul 1, 2012, 3:26 PM
      Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluBOHJul 1, 2012, 5:43 PM
       Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluCapsLockJul 1, 2012, 6:25 PM
        Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluLizzleeJul 1, 2012, 6:28 PM
         Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HulujiggyJul 2, 2012, 12:44 AM
          Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluBOHJul 2, 2012, 1:26 AM
           Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluRonnieJul 2, 2012, 2:57 AM
            Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluFunkJul 2, 2012, 11:31 AM
             Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluArwenJul 2, 2012, 2:05 PM
              Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluHep CJul 2, 2012, 3:07 PM
               Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluAnonoPajamaJul 2, 2012, 4:33 PM
                Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluSmirkdirkJul 2, 2012, 5:01 PM
                 Re: Jumping the shark in the age of HuluXicaJul 2, 2012, 5:28 PM