Respond to this messageBack to the Start!
Original Message
  • Re: Athiests are Wrong, I Tell You!
    • AnonoSanta (no login)
      Posted Dec 21, 2011 12:33 AM

What I would like to ask Believers is what you think the purpose of a toddler getting cancer and dying from it at 2 years old?

I don't see any purpose in that. I don't buy the ol' standbys such as "Well . . It's God's will." Like if there is a God He wants that?? For what possible reason does He want a 2 year old baby to suffer and die from some rare form of cancer??

From my point of view there is randomness about this sort of thing. I don't see any Supreme Design in it. Likewise with many traffic accidents (wrong place/wrong time). I see no purpose in an entire family being killed by a single drunk driver. Perhaps the drunk driver 'sees the light', becomes a born-again good citizen & swears off the booze at an AA meeting. Maybe he does some time in the pen for being over the limit & changes his habits. The family though is still dead. His change in personality doesn't bring them back to life.

For these reasons I am willing to believe Atheists are far more 'right' than wrong.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.