<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Headaches

December 13 2011 at 12:25 PM
Federal Government Employee  (no login)

Have any of you guys had a headache that was so bad, it made you want to throw up?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

Re: Headaches

December 13 2011, 12:27 PM 

Yeah.

They're called migranes.

If you get them a lot, go see a doctor for meds. Then go home and sit in a dark, quiet room until it's over. Even with the meds sometimes the only answer is hunker down and ride it out.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

December 13 2011, 12:28 PM 

Immitrex.

Or pot.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 13 2011, 12:37 PM 

Yeah. I used to get migranes a lot when I was younger. Did exactly what you suggested Squid. The one I'm getting now is not as bad. I thought getting something to eat from the café would calm it down. It did, but only a little.

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

December 13 2011, 12:38 PM 

Weird post. I'm never sick but this morning at about 9:30 am I started getting all these floaters around my eyes. They annoyed and worried me until about 10:20 when they went away. At about 10:45 a headache started and I really thought that was going to send me home. I took two ibuprofen and at about Noon it finally went away, just leaving me sort of nauseous, which finally faded about 10 minutes ago, leaving me sorta shaky, but I think I'll be able to finish my day.

I really was going to dodge out of here by 1 if it all continued.

Respond to this message   
Owie
(no login)

December 13 2011, 12:42 PM 

So weird - I've got a headache today and rarely get them. It really hurts when I move my eyes - like I can feel the muscles behind them and they're all sore.

What hath been wrought against us?

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 13 2011, 12:44 PM 

If I'm not firing on all cylinders, then I'm not coming into work. This has been a solid rule for me for years.

Respond to this message   
Lisa
(no login)

December 13 2011, 12:48 PM 

I had a migraine (a minor one) this morning too. Breakfast, coffee and Midol got rid of it mostly. It's still lingering there behind my left temple, but I can deal with being at work, thankfully. Hope you feel better soon, Smirk & anon!

Respond to this message   
Homer
(no login)

December 13 2011, 12:50 PM 

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

December 13 2011, 12:54 PM 

Smirk - the seeing floaties before a migraine is called "auras". I get them sometimes. I also sometimes smell burning wood before I get a migraine.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-aura/MM00659

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

December 13 2011, 2:49 PM 

Thanks, Lisa!

And thanks for the info, Ginny. I never thought of myself as one to get migraines, nor did I know that about the eye troubles, but I guess maybe I'm getting prone to them.

I do recall one time when I was a teenager getting floaters and within a few hours was puking sick with the flu for a week. I've always associated with that. A few times a year they'll show up, followed by a headache, and I'll get all worried I'm about to be deathly ill for days. But that flu thing hasn't happened since the first time.

Will have to research it on up.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

December 13 2011, 2:52 PM 

Sometimes they are hormonal (I get one without fail, a day or two before I start my period. Sometimes just annoying and sometimes really really bad). But, some people just get them. My dad used to get them bad.

Respond to this message   
Lisa
(no login)

December 13 2011, 2:53 PM 

I've had the floaters in my eyes for as long as I can remember. Sometimes they get so bad it can be maddening. But I've only had one time where I had a major visual migraine. It was like watching a psychedelic film in my head. Very weird. It happened right after eating bad Chinese takeout. I've never eaten Chinese food since.

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

December 13 2011, 2:58 PM 

That video was so NO FUN - 72 F'n hours!? No thanks!

Lisa, I love me some chinese food. Not even one little crab ragoon?

Respond to this message   

(Login AnnyBoo)
Team Everything

December 13 2011, 3:53 PM 

It's rangoon.

Did you catch the recipe I posted for crab rangoon, smirk? Baked. Mmmmm.

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

December 13 2011, 4:09 PM 

No. I'm not really a cook, but I'll go search it out and maybe I can get one of the kids to try it out. They get the cooking bug occasionally.

Respond to this message   
jo
(no login)

December 13 2011, 4:40 PM 

Linds was diagnosed with migraines (with aura) at 12. Puberty (hormones) is a prime time for them to appear .

She can get a bad pain near her eye, get fuzzy vision or even feel weakness or tingles in one hand. Soon as that hits she knows she's going to throw up within 30 minutes and been in bed for about 4 hours.

Neurologist said Advil Liquigels - 2, asap would help. They do, we are never without them

Respond to this message   

Becky
(Login yayforsquirrels)
Team Everything

December 13 2011, 6:10 PM 

I get migraines occasionally. They suck. The best thing for me is a cold wet cloth over my eyes, Excedrin Migraine, and a dab of Vicks Vapor Rub on the tip of my nose. It sounds weird, but the vapor rub does wonders to open up my breathing and calm the nausea.

"I don't really know, but I suspect the addition of nuts." - Squid

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 13 2011, 10:09 PM 

I get them but they don't cause me pain.

I get the auras.

If I sit down for a while, close my eyes . . . it goes away.

Happens about 3X a year only.

Respond to this message   
Lea
(no login)

December 13 2011, 10:27 PM 

Im addicted to caffeine (literally literally) and if I do not drink enough I get horrific headaches. Ive been working at the bakery at 3am and by 5:00 I am on my second cup of coffee. If I am not working and happen to sleep in then I wake up with a pounding head. Because of this, Ive been trying to ween myself off of coffee and am starting to drink more tea. The headachesa get so bad that if I even lean forward it will feel like my head is going to splode.

My schedule is changing and Ive been coming in later (like 5 or 6) so maybe that will help.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 16 2011, 2:00 AM 

I drink a lot of coffee too. Don't get the headaches. Then again . . . I've not tried to stop either.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Headaches
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!