<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Duggars

December 15 2011 at 10:37 AM
Arwen  (no login)

By now you have probably seen the pics of the baby they had the memorial service for.

My opinion. They are ALL KINDS of messed up and definitely not thinking clearly.

They keep saying god will tell them when to stop.
I guess the last baby being super premature and the mom almost dying wasn't a big enough sign. Now this happens.
Do you think this is a sign or does his penis actually have to be hit by lightning?

I think she had a miscarriage because things are so messed up "down there" that babies are just falling out now.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Homer
(no login)

Re: Duggars

December 15 2011, 10:56 AM 

Good god almighty. That is 5700 different kinds of wrong.

She's also in her 40s. Time to hang up that uterus. I think that man keeps some kind of weird control over all of them. It's like a little cult. If that hairdo doesn't scream Jim Jones, I don't know what does.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 15 2011, 10:58 AM 

I bet her lady parts looks like a wizards sleeve.

Hi five!!

Respond to this message   

(Login Hepatitis_C)
Team Everything

December 15 2011, 12:15 PM 

This thread is in desperate need of the "Every Sperm is Sacred" bit from Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

Actually, every thread would be better with that clip somewhere in it.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 15 2011, 12:19 PM 

Your wish = my command.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

December 15 2011, 2:37 PM 

I guess this is another way to handle things

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 15 2011, 2:40 PM 

I remember this. He ought to just be grateful some woman had sex with his stupid ass.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

December 15 2011, 2:41 PM 

The intensity of his Facebook profile pic makes me feel all tingly. Like he is peering right thru my clothes into my womanly loins.

Respond to this message   

(Login Victoriabitter)
Team Everything

December 15 2011, 2:43 PM 

LOL!

Respond to this message   

(Login Hepatitis_C)
Team Everything

December 15 2011, 2:43 PM 

Umm, his 2-month old baby was going to be black?

I don't think he understands exactly how genetics works.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

December 15 2011, 2:53 PM 

I've only seen one episode of that show, but the dad was super creepy. They were at the beach in Isreal someplace in their modest swimsuits. Some nice local guys were asking the girls from a respectful distance about where they were from, and the dad comes over to hover. Geeze, not everyone sits around thining about shit they can impregnate every 5 minutes, mister.

I don't even know what to say about that billboard. He looks like he wants to brestfeed his imaginary baby with his giant manbewbs.

Respond to this message   

(Login AnnyBoo)
Team Everything

December 15 2011, 3:02 PM 

I have no problem with the Duggars at all. They are self sufficient (and were BEFORE the TV show), their family genuinely honestly loves one another and their community, and they don't come off all preachy to me with their morals and religion.

If any parents should have 19/20 children (and yadda yadda population control, health risk to mother, 40 plus age risky to fetus - that isn't my point), it should be these two.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 15 2011, 3:04 PM 

Have you ever seen an episode where they visited like-minded friends? There are like 40 kids running around and everybody is scared of daddy. It's disturbing. I do admire the self-sufficiency - but would be lying if I said I wouldn't like to see one of them break away and tell what's really going on up in there.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

December 15 2011, 3:08 PM 

Yeah I can see one of the older girls just flipping her shit and hurling a tater tot casserole, then storming out to write a tell all.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

December 15 2011, 3:08 PM 

I think the kind of crazy that thinks it's ok to hand out photos of a dead fetus like it's a Christmas card is not at all at odds with the kind of people that think it's ok to run the number of children you have into the double digits. So, although they may be self sufficient, I don't think they are all there mentally.

Respond to this message   

Pee Jay
(Login orvis)
Team Everything

December 15 2011, 3:38 PM 

It is a rough call with the Duggars. the fact that they are so self reliant and seemingly loving to one another really just makes me feel like a jerk when I think - "I don't like them."

It is questionable to have that many children and claim you can provide them with not just the resources they need - but the attention and love. I cannot believe that #15 got as much Mom and Dad time as numbers 1-3.

But really, while I may not agree with them on everything, they are (at least via a TV representation) an example of what's good in people. At least compared to John and Kate Plus 8.

Respond to this message   

(Login AnnyBoo)
Team Everything

December 15 2011, 5:45 PM 

^^ PJ and I are on the same page with this one.

Respond to this message   

(Login BloominOnionhead)
Team Specific

December 15 2011, 7:14 PM 

I'm sorry, but it is completely irresponsible in the world today to have that many kids. Pump the brakes. Actually, fuck that, just slam them.

With all this ridiculous publicity, they are sending the wrong message. I don't care if they can support them, there is a serious over-population thing occurring on this planet and for these people to say it doesn't pertain to them is incredibly selfish and short-sighted. Who cares how much money you have? Seriously?

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

December 15 2011, 8:27 PM 

BOH and I are on the same page with this one.

When you got your own ZIP code with your immediate family, time to chill it.

Respond to this message   
Bider
(no login)

December 15 2011, 8:38 PM 

Yeah I'm going to have to cast my vote with the B.O. argument. I appreciate that they are putting food on the table but really, its the older siblings raising their younger brothers and sisters. Plus it just doesn't feel right.

On that note... how is it that I feel OK with the Sister Wives? I don't know... you tell me. But even their kids said enough!

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 15 2011, 8:52 PM 

"Fuck that, just slam them"

"Time to chill it"

"It just doesn't feel right"

What great arguments! Who could possibly disagree with you?
LOL

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

December 16 2011, 1:03 AM 

Those are what we commonly call "opinions", sparky.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 16 2011, 1:51 AM 

Why don't you go fucking lose a legal case sparky?

Respond to this message   

(Login BloominOnionhead)
Team Specific

December 16 2011, 2:17 AM 

Hey Sparkle, you do a fantastic job of grabbing people's partial quotes without any context and then making judgments.

Your better play would be to just state your case why you think it's OK for Duggar Nation to continue to expand in the dark shadow of planet over-population and irresponsible parenting.

Or I suppose you could just slam someone again with no argument whatsoever. That was effective. You could even quote bible verses if you wanted. I would only laugh inside, I promise.

Respond to this message   

Mevin
(Login mevin)

December 16 2011, 6:47 AM 

A woman is more than just a uterus with a head.

Also, there are now 7 billion people walking around, and about a quarter of those live in abject poverty. The days of needing large litters of children, because 2/3 of them would die from everyday infections has long past. If people have the means and energy to fill up their McMansions with small armies of children, can't some of then be adopted?

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

December 16 2011, 12:10 PM 

LOL, indeed! I do transactional work these days. You aren't a very good stalker.

Respond to this message   

(Login AnnyBoo)
Team Everything

December 16 2011, 12:12 PM 

I am still laughing about "their own zip code"! LOL

Respond to this message   

Funk
(Login Funkenstien)
Team Specific

December 16 2011, 12:19 PM 

I totally agree with the adoption idea. It would seem a far nobler course of action than continuing the generation surplus life. I'm sure Bob Barker would agree with me; as we're both pro-spaying and neutering.

Here's a thought, I wonder if child protection services (CPS) would even let the Duggar household adopt more mouths? I know Octomom gets monitored by CPS. I bet their cutoff is at a bakers' dozen.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 16 2011, 2:46 PM 

I have to hand it to Mr. Duggar. He's quite virile and must have some significant girth to still get off on Mrs. Duggar's vajayjay. Otherwise it would be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

Respond to this message   

Pee Jay
(Login orvis)
Team Everything

December 16 2011, 3:42 PM 

Look, I don't think anyone should have that many kids. But if they want to it is their right to do it. Telling people how many kids they should have is what they do in China.

I just think there are a lot of other examples of people to loathe and question on TV than the Duggars. Are they really sending a more damaging message than Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant?

Respond to this message   

(Login mevin)

December 16 2011, 4:38 PM 

I can't watch either of those shows. They're both using child bearing for profit, so they're both disgusting to me. And no one is asking the government (a la China) to stop these people from breeding. We just don't think they should, for all the reasons mentioned above.

And yeah, the virile comment is priceless. 1957 called, it wants its word back. You don't have to be "virile" to have the ability to squirt juice into a functioning vagina. You just have to be heterosexual. And many homosexuals have managed to make it work, so no great accomplishment there.

Respond to this message   
AnonoSanta
(no login)

December 19 2011, 3:13 PM 

I cannot believe you are mocking someone for using a word that has more than 4 letters in it. This bored is full of asswipes and Mev, you're the asswipe king.

Respond to this message   

(Login mevin)

December 19 2011, 3:36 PM 

Sweet. But I'd rather be The Wiz instead.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login Hepatitis_C)
Team Everything

December 16 2011, 4:15 PM 

That's not how vaginas work, Anon.

Maybe someday you might get close enough to one to realize that. I wouldn't count on it though.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 16 2011, 4:48 PM 

Whatever, dick. It was a joke. Lick my asshole.

Respond to this message   

Mevin
(Login mevin)

December 16 2011, 4:59 PM 

You're still doing it wrong.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 16 2011, 5:38 PM 

Mevin,
Most adoption agencies won't allow people to adopt if they already have more than a certain number of children. But that might vary by state.

Respond to this message   

(Login mevin)

December 16 2011, 5:56 PM 

Yes I know. And there's a reason for that. I'm in no way suggesting that it's acceptable for anyone to try and parent a double digit number of children. The Duggars are simply grotesque. Just that if you're keen on having a big family (more than say 3) you consider adoption.

There are just so many kids without parents who are in need. And of course there are millions of kids with single parents, who could benefit from mentors. That's to say nothing of the environmental consequences. We can't take care of the kids who are already here. Why continue to make more than we can handle?

Respond to this message   
spacetrucker
(no login)

December 16 2011, 11:21 PM 

Wizard's sleeve?
As in what Bullwinkle might not say as in, "Got this little sukker up mah sleeve...."

And as far as her 'hoo-hah' goes......
Nah.

Hefty can liner.
35 gallon size in a "tall kitchen".
(hell, probably a coffee can)

Just squirtin' 'em out like puppies.

Hell, it's probably like a Motel 6 room.
Well used. Crappy carpet you don't walk on barefoot after a shower.
Lime crusted shower head.
Leaky plumbing fixtures.
B/W television with rabbit-ears antenna.
50 cent per sheet paneling.
Water (pud) stained ceiling tiles.

And an odor that 50 gallons of 'janitor in a drum' and industrial grade firehose couldn't cut.

Hell, find the keys to the '56 Chevy pickup and we can drive out.

Respond to this message   
AnonoGobble
(no login)

December 17 2011, 5:51 AM 

^^Wow, misogynist much?

Respond to this message   
Kohsblocks
(no login)

December 17 2011, 5:20 PM 

Woweee.... they handed out photos of their dead fetus!>???????? !!!!???

WTF?

Ummm.,.....

WHAT THE FUCK?

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

December 19 2011, 3:38 PM 

LOL

Yes, Kohs happy.gif

I suppose they were tastefully done...as much as that is possible.

~barf~

Respond to this message   

Hep C
(Login Hepatitis_C)
Team Everything

December 17 2011, 6:23 PM 

"But really, while I may not agree with them on everything, they are (at least via a TV representation) an example of what's good in people. At least compared to John and Kate Plus 8."

Yeah but if John and Kate are the measuring stick by which we judge what is good in people, then Charles Manson is suddenly looking like a pretty good father.

Seriously, Kate Gosselin is a loathsome human being.

Respond to this message   
AnonoSanta
(no login)

December 19 2011, 11:00 PM 

I know a woman, who, about 10 years ago gave birth to a sillborn. The doctors and nurses encouraged her to interact with the kid/body as normally as possible, which included taking pictures and sharing those pictures with loved ones. It's supposed to help with the healing process. While I didn't exactly enjoy seeing pictures of a corpse, apparently it was helpful for her, and is quite common.

Pictures of dead babies aside, the Duggars are simply a freak show.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

December 20 2011, 9:26 AM 

Good God! I'm sorry but I don't remember any funerals where someone passed around pitures of their dead grandmother on the announcements. It's morbid.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

December 20 2011, 9:29 AM 

Oh and I wouldn't describe it as "quite common" either.

No one here mentioned knowing anyone that did that, except you - once, 10 years ago. If it was quite common I am sure someone else would have at least mentioned knowing someone as well.

Respond to this message   
Big Grinch
(no login)

December 20 2011, 9:31 AM 

I was thinking the same thing, but briefly thought of being nice today. It didn't take.

Sure, it's important for the parents to accept what just happened to them and do whatever it takes to that end, but sending out pictures to "loved ones?" No. Wrong. No.

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

December 20 2011, 9:53 AM 

Although wouldn't necessarily say its "common" - but its not necessarily uncommon, for something that seems on its surface pretty morbid.

If you Google, there is a whole genre of internet sites devoted to parents who have experienced miscarriages, often including pictures of the babies.

http://www.littleangelsonlinestore.com/

Respond to this message   

Funk
(Login Funkenstien)
Team Specific

December 20 2011, 9:57 AM 

I'm sorry, I think the practice of passing out pictures of dead babies is just simply wrong. I've been trying to do the mental gymnastics to understand it, but I just can't.

Granted, I don't believe a fetus is a "person" and I suspect this whole thing is an offshoot of the anti-abortion mental state. However given their accepted belief system, I think the action is still in questionable taste.

Consider the whole series of jokes; "What do you get when you put a dead baby in a blender, garbage can, etc." Part of their shock value comes from the fact that nobody wants to visualize dead babies.

We attach photos of the deceased in newspaper obituaries which depict a happier time when the person was still alive. Given, these photos may not exist for a fetus, the Duggars could have attached a sonogram or whatever other tasteful evidence of pregnancy they could have provided.

Respond to this message   
AnonoSanta
(no login)

December 20 2011, 10:07 AM 

Or they could have kept it to themselves and mourned in private. Makes for shitty TV, though.

Those people on that website? This is a perfect demonstration of what a narcissitic endeavor the internet really is. You think FB is about connecting with other people? I say it's the ultimate form of navel-gazing.

I don't diminish how sad it is that people lose babies. It is. But posting pictures of it on the internet/mailing them out to friends is a sign you need some professional counseling. That is all.

Respond to this message   
AnonoSanta
(no login)

December 20 2011, 11:28 AM 

Of course they need professional counseling. They just lost their child.

And it's the professionals telling them to take the pictures.

Makes no difference to me if you think it is sick and morbid.

Respond to this message   
AnonoSanta
(no login)

December 20 2011, 11:31 AM 

"professionals told them to take pictures."

Bullshit. Were you there? Let me say it again: bull. shit.

Respond to this message   
AnonoSanta
(no login)

December 20 2011, 11:49 AM 

No I wasn't there. I guess they could have been lying. But then I guess it's a big conspiracy here. The morning radio show was talking about this the other day I guess they were lying about the doctors and nurses suggesting pictures as well.

Respond to this message   

(Login AnnyBoo)
Team Everything

December 20 2011, 11:53 AM 

I have zero problem with the pictures and the memorial service. Death is a tough thing and I say whatever helps you find closure. I have no idea how I would be in the same situation and I am grateful I will never know.

Respond to this message   
AnonoSanta
(no login)

December 20 2011, 11:55 AM 

I know I always get my "facts" from radio talk shows.

I would ask where you were 10 years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was 5th grade.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Duggars
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!