<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Last Minute Food Shopping....

December 23 2011 at 4:44 PM

Rainy  (Login rainyz)
Devils

I hate last minute food shopping. I wanted to bring something to Christmas Dinner. I had got some pies. I also had cat food and chew bones for Peppy-Roni. I went through the self check out and paid for the food. I wanted to pay for the pet stuff separately. I paid for the food. I then scanned the cat stuff and doggie stuff. Stupid thing refused to work right and take my card thingie. So I tried about 3 times for it to work. Wouldn't work so I set the dog stuff and the cat stuff by the register and headed out the door with the stuff that the machine thing had let me scan and actually pay for. I put the stuff I got in the car. Then this young lady came running out. Telling me that she had found out why the thing wasn't working. I told her "I really have to go.". She said, but you have to come back in and pay for it. I told her "I had already paid for it". She said, "I saw you put it in the car.". I said yes, I put the things in the car that I had paid for. So I walked back in with her and showed her where the cat food and chew bones were that I was unable to pay for. "Oh, okay.", she says.

What a mess! I may or may not go back to that nutty store again. Wasn't her fault. I guess she was just doing her job, but it was really annoying. I couldn't stand there all day and scan my card thingie. There were people behind me doing last minute food shopping too.

Remind me not to do last minute anything. I will buy everything 6 months in advance from now on.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Dr. Zhivago
(Login Dr.Zhivago)
Devils

Re: Last Minute Food Shopping....

December 23 2011, 4:54 PM 

Aw, that sucks, Rainy. Don't hold it against the store. Sometimes confusion happens. I've made mistakes before at gas stations I used to work at. Sometimes it's hard for employees to recognize what really happened, opposed to what appears to have happened. They're just doing their job.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

Respond to this message   
jiggy
(no login)

December 23 2011, 5:32 PM 

I have found that buying milk 6 months in advance has not worked out well.

I really hate self check-out. The new Safeway in Hilo has them and so does Home Depot.
I have used them when nobody was at the registers but I much prefer to deal with a real dumbass person and not some dumbass computer.

Respond to this message   

jollyroger
(Login jollyroger317)
Angels

December 23 2011, 6:00 PM 

I agree with Jiggy on preferring to deal with people over computers when shopping.
Computers can't be reasoned with, sometimes people can.
I prefer last minute shopping. I don't have enough storage space to hold 6 months of inventory.

Respond to this message   

PearlGurl
(Login pearlgurl)
Angels

December 23 2011, 6:13 PM 

Thankfully, I'm stocked up on toilet paper. There is absolutely nothing else that could get me into a store in the next two days. The last four times I've gone grocery shopping, they have been playing that horrific Paul McCartney Christmas song. If I heard it again, there would be no limits to what I would do to get to the nearest exit. Dive through a meat locker and out a chute that leads to the dumpsters? Fine. Smash a window out with a winter squash and some barbeque tongs? No problem. After talking to the cashiers and baggers who have to listen to that abomination three times per shift, I'm pretty sure they share my revenge fantasy that involves Sir Paul, some duct tape, a pile of dog excrement, a pastry tube and ten randomly selected holiday retail workers that are on a work release program from the state penitentiary.

Respond to this message   

PearlGurl
(Login pearlgurl)
Angels

December 24 2011, 4:41 PM 

So I just haven't been able to let go. After suffering through so much this holiday season, I feel that I've earned the right to say the one thing that could possibly make myself feel better...

ahem.

cough.

FUCK PAUL MCCARTNEY!!! FUCK HIM IN HIS STUPID ASSHOLE SIDEWAYS WITH AN UNLUBRICATED CHRISTMAS BELL!!!

Thank you. Much better now. Carry on.

Respond to this message   
Lea
(no login)

December 25 2011, 3:21 AM 

sheesh, PG. That must be one awful song. Im really grateful at this moment to have escaped the holiday without having been submitted to such torture. Hopefully, that will continue tomorrow.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!