<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

snotcicles

January 18 2012 at 11:01 AM

Bider Spite  (Login BiderSpite)
Devils

Well, winter finally arrived.

[linked image]

"Ta Friggin da"

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Aurora
(no login)

Re: snotcicles

January 18 2012, 12:19 PM 

Freaking arctic whatever the hell.

It's -12 with windchill here. Which I know is not like -15F. But damnit, it's a wet cold, and we aren't used to it.

there has been snow on the ground since friday. That does.not.happen. here. Normally it's gone within 2 days at the most.

And then today we had a fire drill, which someone thought would be smart to make it mandatory evacuation, so we're all huddling on the corner across the street in the snow, while cars still on their way to work throw road slush at us.

Why the hell did i come into work today.

Respond to this message   
Louise
(no login)

January 18 2012, 12:35 PM 

We had 10cm of snow last night. By dawn the temperature had risen to zero, so we had freezing rain. Now today it's about 8 degrees C and all the snow from last night is melted... but tonight it's supposed to go to -28C with the wind chill.
Totally weird weather for us. We usually have snow, and snow, and snow, and plenty of wind, but never all this snow/rain/melt cycle that we seem to be stuck in.

Respond to this message   

Bider Spite
(Login BiderSpite)
Devils

January 18 2012, 12:39 PM 

Luckily there's no wind (yet) which makes it bearable.

When we have a fire drill we are supposed to go across the street (read that as 4 lane highway). There happens to be a bar over there so we have frequent fire drills. happy.gif

"Ta Friggin da"

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

January 18 2012, 12:44 PM 

It's -25C (-13F) with the wind and after the weird snow/freezing rain and temp change last night there is a 1/2 inch ice crust on the deep snow in the back of my building. Stevie is just about light enough so that it only cracks in spots and I know it's mean but I can't help but laugh at the expression on her face when she suddenly sinks right in up to her belly happy.gif

Respond to this message   

Bider Spite
(Login BiderSpite)
Devils

January 18 2012, 12:47 PM 

Yeah, I know what you mean Arwen. Dagmar can race across the top of snow drifts, she's made for the snow. Meanwhile poor Marlon Brando, who can usually out-maneuver Dagmar will try to race her only to immediately fall through and then have to high step/plow his way out. No fun. Highlarious to watch though.

"Ta Friggin da"

Respond to this message   

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

January 18 2012, 12:54 PM 

Holy smokes, you guys! Stay warm! I can't even imagine those kinds of temps. I take back everything I said about being cold this morning.

Photobucket

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

January 18 2012, 12:57 PM 

Well 11C is pretty cool, Anny...for spring!

LOL Bider. Stevie kind of leaps thru the deep snow (when it's soft) like a Gazelle. It's so nice to see. She looks so happy. She'll leap, then eat a mouthful of snow (but only if it's freshly fallen) and then leap and eat some more. I always mean to record that.

Respond to this message   
Bider
(no login)

January 18 2012, 10:25 PM 

And FU Anny. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Louise
(no login)

January 19 2012, 8:27 AM 

I will fully admit that my dogs have sweaters. Actually, they have several. First off because it's friggin cold, but mainly to keep them from being covered in snowballs when they come in from outside. They LOVE to leap through the snow (12 inch tall dogs + 2 foot tall snowbanks = fun for the whole family) and always end up covered in it, which is a pain.

Respond to this message   

barkenstein
(Login Barkenstein)
Angels

January 19 2012, 9:22 AM 

Minus 24 here this morning

Windchill minus 40

Glad it isn't windy like they had forecast.

Only 6 mph, forecast was for 20 mph +

I think I'll stay inside and do housework today, maybe bake cookies.

"There has to be an invisible sun."

Respond to this message   
Bider
(no login)

January 20 2012, 10:42 AM 

These are from my BB in SW Washington. They NEVER get snow like this.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - snotcicles
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!