<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Hoarding

January 30 2012 at 4:02 PM
Appalled  (no login)

I don't understand it and I do not know why they want to be on tv. Last night instead of going to bed like a reasonable person, I got caught up watching hoarders on TLC and OMG EW.

Its so hard to wrap your mind around.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Squid Boy
(Login SquiddyBoy)
Devils

Re: Hoarding

January 30 2012, 4:25 PM 

I don't know how TLC would count me as a viewer of this (or some of their other programming) - but just in case they have a way, I will never ever watch this crap and justify the advertising dollars spent thereon.

Ditto the Housewives of anywhere or the Teen Moms of any kind.

Respond to this message   
Appalled
(no login)

January 30 2012, 4:30 PM 

Listen, I'm not proud of it. In fact I only watched the beginning, but it was beyond horrible.

Toddlers and tiara is another show that should in no way be on tv. Same situation, late one night, our movie is done, instead of turn g off the tv we flip to this train wreck. Only watched 10 minutes of it,but it was like watching televised child abuse.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

January 30 2012, 4:38 PM 

I feel terrible gawking at people who are clearly mentally ill. But I'll admit it, I have. And it makes me feel WAY better about my housekeeping.

Respond to this message   

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

January 30 2012, 4:39 PM 

SO-BOO's dad is a hoarder. The only reason he isn't totally out of control is because SO-BOO's mom restricts him and doesn't allow it.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

January 30 2012, 4:41 PM 

Well, the hoarding is one thing. The people who just have a lot of crap don't bother me, but the ones who live in absolute filth? Sometimes I have to turn it because it's just too gross to watch.

Respond to this message   

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

January 30 2012, 4:44 PM 

Don't you think the absolute filth comes from just amassing so much crap though?

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

January 30 2012, 4:50 PM 

There was one recently where a woman was hoarding her own pee. She had gallons and gallons of empty water bottles filled with piss. Or the lady where they kept finding dead cats burried in the piles? I've seen horders that just have a lot of stuff, then there's people that really take it to the next level.

Respond to this message   
Anny
(no login)

January 30 2012, 4:53 PM 

OMG!! That's the NAST!

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

January 30 2012, 4:55 PM 

Honestly, I couldn't even desribe the bathroom of the piss hoarder without retching a little so I won't try.

Respond to this message   

Bider Spite
(Login BiderSpite)
Devils

January 30 2012, 4:54 PM 

Squid I think its funny that you get so into the bachlor(ette) but you wont watch the other shite you posted (which I refuse to watch as well.)

Respond to this message   

DJ
(Login DJ.)
Angels

January 30 2012, 4:59 PM 

I watch Hoarders because I'm a shameful rubber-necker and I have 2 very close people in my life who do this. It's helped me understand them better and in one case assist with some recovery, as monumentally frustrating as they can be.

Although I have a hard time understanding the filth hoarders. Apparently they get something called "garbage blindness" and get used to the stench quickly but it's hard to fathom someone who is so detached from themselves and the world that keeping a room full of used adult diapers piled to the ceiling like a miniature Mt. Aracrap is baffling.

Respond to this message   

Hep C
(Login Hepatitis_C)
Angels

January 30 2012, 5:42 PM 

How come no one on those awful shows ever hoards anything nice?

No one is ever like, "Oh, I hoard flower arrangements," or "I just can't stop collecting precious metals."

It's always used Q-Tips or urine.

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

January 30 2012, 6:02 PM 

Get this. Has nothing to do with hoarding.

I knew this kid whose parents were loaded. His father was like a sub division developer in the late 80's and early 90's. But, they had a bad septic system. So, instead of fixing it, they would wipe their asses and throw the paper in the waste basket. So like, we'd be hanging out and he wouldn't let anyone use the bathroom. And the one time I did, there was a basket full of soiled paper in the waste basket.

fucked up, right?

Respond to this message   

Lizzlee
(Login Lizzlee)
Devils

January 30 2012, 6:05 PM 

That's common among Mexicans. We were constantly reminding our Mexican staff at the restaurant(s) I worked at that it is OKAY and actually PREFERRED that they flush their toilet paper!!

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

January 30 2012, 6:10 PM 

I had some white trash cousins like that too.

And they ALWAYS used our bathroom when they came over.

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

January 30 2012, 6:21 PM 

I'm trying to eat dinner here people!

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

January 30 2012, 6:23 PM 

Watching hoarders will definitely quell the urge to snack while watching TV.

Respond to this message   
PearlGurl
(no login)

January 30 2012, 6:39 PM 

My great-grandmother had mental issues and lived in stench and squalor. I can understand how people can become unbalanced. It's just unfathomable that they would choose to expose their shame on television. I'm mortified if I have unexpected guests and the bathroom is less than pristine or my counter tops need wiping. It's also completely inexplicable that people will go on talk shows and let the world know that they had incestuous relations or some such thing. Don't they have to live in this world, apply for jobs, have neighbors?

Respond to this message   
jo
(no login)

January 30 2012, 7:13 PM 

a couple of my home nurses mentioned they've had/have hoarders. Not dirt and refuse but things like magazine piles, piled to the ceilings, pillar after pillar so one has to walk sideways. Another has tin cans. Cans washed and stacked covering walls yet the outside of these homes have lovely gardens and well kept lawns.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!