<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Fav Fast Food

March 31 2012 at 4:11 AM
AnonoAnnoy  (no login)

Whats UR favorite fast food?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login JenBunny)
Team Everything

Re: Fav Fast Food

March 31 2012, 6:49 AM 

Without even a seclond's heistoation, HUngry Jack's Bacoin doublecjhees buirger deluxe.

This liuttl;e beauty hates ne as much as i Love it.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   

spacetrucker
(Login spacetrucker)
Team Everything

March 31 2012, 10:30 PM 

Don't get me started.

Just thinkin' about all the junk I like makes me The Moose With Loose Poops.
[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Everybody..Have fun tonight.
Everybody.....Wang Chung tonight.....

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(Login CitizenB)
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 12:10 AM 

Wendy's small chili and a small fries...

Respond to this message   

CapsLock
(Login HOLDSDOWNSHIFTKEY)
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 10:15 AM 

I'll say Subway. Cold cuts, fresh veggies (and they're usually pretty fresh at the ones I go to), and bread. Simple.

I don't understand when people tell me they HATE subway. How can you dislike a ham and cheese sandwich so much?

Respond to this message   

(Login DENG_VIOLATER)

April 1 2012, 10:24 AM 

I like placenta sandwiches

Respond to this message   

(Login Hepatitis_C)
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 11:11 AM 

I like Subway's bread, but their meat always has a strange aftertaste. I think it is the preservatives they use or something.

Respond to this message   

jiggy
(Login opdm)
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 11:57 AM 

LJS all the way!

Respond to this message   

jiggy
(Login opdm)
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 11:59 AM 

double post

This message has been edited by opdm on Apr 1, 2012 12:00 PM

Respond to this message   

Dr. Zhivago
(Login Dr.Zhivago)
Team Specific

April 1 2012, 12:10 PM 

I don't like Subway at all. Mostly because of the bread - crust is too hard. For grinders, I like D'Angelos a lot and Blimpies is ok, too.

Favorite fast food is McDonald's, though. Big Mac, no pickles or onions.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

Respond to this message   

Rainy
(Login rainyz)
Team Specific

April 1 2012, 12:49 PM 

I like Wendy's Homestyle chicken sandwich combo (#8 combo). I too like Subway, roasted chicken-Toasted with American cheese, everything but pickles and olives. Light Mayonnaise and sweet onion sauce.....no drink ever.

Respond to this message   

potato
(Login potato222)
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 4:31 PM 

(1.) Roy Rogers (Double R Bar Burger) --- No stores near me any more so they lose their number 1 spot.

1. Wendy's (Bacon Deluxe)
2. MsDonald's (Quarter Pounder)

Doc, do you remove the pickles and onions yourself or do you actually ask the McD people for a custom order? I used to like Quarter Pounders without cheese but I gave up ordering them that way because at the stores around me the people's heads would explode whenever I did that.

This message has been edited by potato222 on Apr 1, 2012 4:33 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login mevin)

April 1 2012, 4:34 PM 

I don't think of Subway as being fast food, at least not in the same category as McD's and Yack in the Box. I like their honey oat bread a lot. Plus, you can pile on a lot of veggies, particularly fresh spinach.

Here's my favorite sandwich order at SW: Turkey, with cheddar, or swiss, toasted on honey oat. Then add avocado, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, black olives, and top it off with a little salt and pepper. With avocado you don't need any other dressing. Then if you get a footlong, you've got lunch and dinner, all for about 7 bucks. Eat fresh, bitches!

As far as actual fast food goes, about once every 6 months I crave a Burger King Whopper. They're like crack. And every time eat one I feel like Tyrone Biggums.

Respond to this message   

CapsLock
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 5:01 PM 

That sounds like a good sandwich. If we're going with just burger joints and taco bell as the definition of fast food, then I'm going with Arby's.

Respond to this message   

(Login Smirkdirk)
Team Specific

April 1 2012, 5:14 PM 

I eat a shitload of fast food. Its terrible.

That being said, most places have their ups and downs. In my recent experience, Burger King has very few ups. They're the new Hardees.

Hardees on the other hand has come quite a long way in the last decade. There's none in my immediate area so if I happen to be around one and am considering a fast food lunch, I'll usually go there.

Wendy's has been going downhill for quite a long time too. They just unburdened themselves of Arby's (did you know they owned them? They did.) and have tried to re-do their burgers and presentation. Its an improvement, but from the two locals I've visited, they still need work.

Arby's is still pretty reliable. The Market Fresh sandwiches in particular beat anything Subway has to offer. The wheat bread is welcome.

Subway is a great bargain. But something about their food is tasteless, or generic, or something... Like its been through the time machine in The Fly or something. Nearly every other sub shop chain has a better product, particularly when it comes to the meats. However, its hard for them to compete on the $5 to $7 price point... But one wonders what's being sacrificed to hit that price point.

The new Taco Bell Doritos Taco? Two thumbs up!

(I know, pathetic, isn't it?)

Respond to this message   

Louise
(Login jeez_louise)
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 6:09 PM 

Do you guys have A&W anymore? They opened one in my town a couple of weeks ago and it's better than the other fast food chains around (McDonald's, Wendy's and Dairy Queen - I'm not counting Subway. Burger King closed last year). Their Teen Burger is my favourite (extra pickles, no onion). Unfortunately they no longer do the carhop thing (I remember that being my favourite part of A&W when I was a kid). I wonder if that's been completely phased out or if there are still some who hang your food off your window.

Respond to this message   

CapsLock
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 6:15 PM 

Great post, Smirk.

The Fly reference is awesome.

Respond to this message   

(Login Smirkdirk)
Team Specific

April 1 2012, 7:04 PM 

Thanks, Caps!

We had an A&W that stayed open for all of 6 mos and then closed up shop. It was a little out of the way, but I did happen by it a couple times during its short life and liked it a lot. I recall a the burgers being extra cheesy.

Sonic does the carhop thing - a pretty average fast food experience overall.

Is it just me, or do I the sudden urge for Chik-Fil-A most frequently on Sundays, when they're busy being antiquated and closed?

Respond to this message   

(Login yayforsquirrels)
Team Everything

April 1 2012, 9:18 PM 

Chick-fil-a is the bomb.com. Pretty much everything on their breakfast menu makes my tummy happy, except the chicken egg and cheese bagel. I just can't bring myself to eat a whole family. So sad sad.gif

"I don't really know, but I suspect the addition of nuts." - Squid

Respond to this message   

(Login mevin)

April 1 2012, 11:17 PM 

I haven't eaten at an Arby's in forever. I remember them having sandwiches that were about on par with the kind sold in little triangles in vending machines, I guess they've improved?

Downton Arby's:http://screen.yahoo.com/downton-arby-s-28723019.html Not brilliant, but pretty funny.

It's weird that you guys think of A&W as having better quality food. I used to work at one in high school, during the Regan Administration. It was fun then, but there menu has hardly changed at all in 25 years. The one's in CA are like walking into a depressing time machine. They have a few modern things like garden burgers and the ability to pay with ATM cards, but the decor is still 70's and the employees all have haircuts from 1982.

Here are the places where I just refuse to eat:

McDonald's
Jack in the Box
Carl's Jr
Wendy's
KFC
Taco Bell
IN-N-OUT
I-HOP (not really fast food, but still gross)
Chick Fil-A

Respond to this message   

Smirkdirk
(Login Smirkdirk)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 7:26 AM 

Surprised to see Chik-Fil-A on your list. The food there is sort of plain-jane, but I've never considered it gross. The waffle fries are pretty good.

The Chik-Fil-A's around here are always mobbed, and they constantly have family-friendly activities going on. Its actually great marketing, but there's something slightly cultish about the place. Add to that the Sunday thing, and the fresh-faced young people stocked behind the counters like Mormon mannequins, and the proceedings become almost uncanny.

A balloon animal for you? Uh, no thanks.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 2 2012, 8:45 AM 

I was recently forced to go to Subway - it was the only place open when I was at a workshop on a Sunday - and they have changed their bread which is now really good. I hated the smell, taste and texture of the old bread so I was super surprised. I don't eat the cold cuts there although I will have the chicken "breast." My fav is the veggie patty but not too many places carry it. I tried their new egg salad which was actually good.

I like Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich but for burgers I have to pick a place here called The Works. The menu is insanity

http://www.worksburger.com/Menus/OurMenu/tabid/105198/Default.aspx

but the burgers are to die for.

If I had to pick a place you guys have heard of, and we don't have half the places you guys are mentioning, I would pick Five Guys. We have just had four open in town.

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

April 2 2012, 9:05 AM 

Some people don't like Chic-Fil-A cause Chic-Fil-A hates gay people or black people or Jews or all three. They hate some group I'm sure.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 2 2012, 9:09 AM 

Don't we all, Caps? Don't we all?

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

April 2 2012, 9:19 AM 

Not sure what you're going for there, Arwen.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 2 2012, 9:25 AM 

You said "They hate some group I'm sure." so I was being glib. I thought you appreciated glib.

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 9:29 AM 

Chic Fil-A is the best fast food in my opinion.

They're mormon owned, so I think that's the source of some of their PR troubles. For me, it just meant that I was pissed they were always closed on Sundays.

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:01 AM 

I didn't realize they actually were Mormon-owned when I made my above comments.

Yeah, I heard about some anti-gay stuff with them. I think there's a need for a protest poster about "eating more beef". I wonder what the graphic for that slogan would be?

Five Guys is delicious. I always considered them fast-casual though. If locations don't generally have a drive-through its not really fast food in my book - except Subway.

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:09 AM 

Chick fil a is most decidedly NOT Mormon-owned.

They are uber-Christain, straight outta Georgia. Truett Cathy is a hard-shelled Southern Baptist.

But it is a pretty good sandwich, the restaurants are clean, and they treat their employees well. So more power to them, I guess.

Respond to this message   
'neady
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:25 AM 

If I didn't have anything to compare it to I might like Subway, but when you grow up around a mom and pop hoagie shop on every corner it's like comparing jar spaghetti sauce to real homemade "gravy" made by a little old italian woman.

Five Guys....mmmmmmmm.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:27 AM 

All this time I thought I had been to Chick-fil-a but I just confirmed it turns out I have only been to Bojangles which hasn't even been mentioned on this thread.

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 10:35 AM 

Thanks Anon! I stand corrected - it must be an urban myth going around!

Baptists! Still closed on Sunday. Which sucked.

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:38 AM 

Eh, depends on how you look at it. It's all Christian'ed up, or the employees of a fast food place get Sunday off - which is great for them, no matter how they use it.

It's definitely a tradition for Truett - I've often wondered how many of these "perks" or "prejudices" (depending on the cut of your jib) will continue once he kicks the bucket. See what happened to Walmart. Made in America - HA!

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:43 AM 

Bojangles is pretty much only in the south. Rainy and I discussed it years ago. I'm a fan of them too, although the menu, like KFC's is kinda limited, and biscuits get boring pretty quick.

Although every once in a while they carry a limited time Kielbasa biscuit which is awesome. Of course, they refer to it as a sausage biscuit since half their clientele probably doesn't know what kielbasa is.

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:48 AM 

Just when I think you're funny, you go say something like that. And totally unredeem yourself.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:49 AM 

I think he was being serious. There are too many people that don't even know what a pierogi is.

Respond to this message   
'neady
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:51 AM 

Mmmmmm pierogi.
This thread is making me Hungary for some Turkey fried in Greece.

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 10:52 AM 

Man I hate the douchey critical anons that think we give a shit and comment after every post with some nonsense waste of space.

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:54 AM 

Ever heard or eaten at Mrs. Winners, Smirk? They're good. I think they're only a regional chain down south. I made biscuits for them in HS when I first moved to TN. God that job sucked.

I posted this once already but network54 ate it like fast food.

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:53 AM 

Most of the world has TV and internet now. Pepperidge Farm? Come on.

Pierogi is a little more cosmopolitan, for sure.

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:55 AM 

Man, I hate douchey faux-worldliness wherein you're just so put upon by those you perceive as backward and stupid, despite the fact that most people can read no matter in what part of the country they choose to reside.

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 10:58 AM 

HA! Wow, so many of your own issues bubbling up there! That was a window into your soul, not mine! What a clown you are!

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:58 AM 

Just because you can read, doesn't mean you have had the opportunity to try different foods. You can read all I want about Cajun food but you ain't gonna get any in Northwestern Ontario. I assume there are regional things all over. Ever had a BeaverTail anon?

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

April 2 2012, 10:59 AM 

Keep it in your pants, Arwen. Jeez

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:01 AM 

Ha

Ha

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:01 AM 

You mean to tell me you think that people don't know what a fucking kielbasa is? GO MEAT?

Give me a break. You're talking apples and oranges. I don't have to taste a beaver tail to know what it is, Arwen.

Squid, I got my red nose just this past Saturday. How did you know?

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 11:03 AM 

Seriously, the fact that some people here think some other people might maybe not know what Kielby is, is getting your panties all in a wad and your vagina sandy?

Really anon. Go take a walk outside for a few minutes. Your crazy-sauce is showing.

Respond to this message   

ED
(Login englishdude)

April 2 2012, 11:04 AM 

I wonder if Appy has ever gotten sand in her "lady garden".

Respond to this message   
'neady
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:06 AM 

Do not open that can of worms.

Respond to this message   

ED
(Login englishdude)

April 2 2012, 11:07 AM 

I wonder if Appy has ever opened a can of worms....

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:08 AM 

I'm just sayin', Anon, that the biscuit is made with kielbasa, yet Bojangles doesn't refer to it by that name, but rather they call it sausage. I'm assuming there's a reason for that.

But, yeah, I can't think of a better place to show off my "worldliness" than in a fast food thread.

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:09 AM 

Oh, dude, I've never heard of Mrs. Winners...

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:09 AM 

I never thought smirk would be the voice of reason wink.gif

You're right anon. Everyone knows about every thing. Happy?

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:21 AM 

No, not really.

It's called smoke link in the south, smirk. Everybody knows what it is.

You often post as if you live amongst the dumbest people in all the land. Ever been to Pennsylvania? How about northern FL? Central Ohio? Good lord.

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 11:24 AM 

Should we all start tossing out random place names with question marks at the end? (ED will LOVE that!)

You are so precious!

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:26 AM 

There are stupid people everywhere, as evidenced by the many psychos posting from the upstate NY.

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 11:27 AM 

I know! So disproportionate!

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:29 AM 

It must be the lake effect snow.

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:31 AM 

"You often post as if you live amongst the dumbest people in all the land."

I really try not to be that way. Glass houses and all. Some of my best friends are among the dumbest people I know.

Respond to this message   
AnonoAnnoy
(no login)

April 2 2012, 11:35 AM 

Same here. Family, too. Makes my nether regions ouchie when people get all high and mighty.

We're all frittering the day away on the internet here.

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
Team Specific

April 2 2012, 11:41 AM 

I think your nethers need some recalibrating. Any of those folk you know nether regions adjustment mechanics? Carpet cleaners, as it were?

Respond to this message   

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Team Everything

April 2 2012, 11:42 AM 

Oh Squid! You missed the chance to say "I wonder how often...gets her carpets cleaned?"

Respond to this message   

spacetrucker
(Login spacetrucker)
Team Everything

April 2 2012, 8:17 PM 

Okay. No moose jokes.

I went to Dairy Queen today.
Got the Supreme BLT.
Not too shabby at all. (haven't done burgers there for some time)
For the bacon lovers, this is the shizz for bacon, lettuce, tomato sammich.
Bacon was thick cut, not fried to a shattering crispiness and a double layer.
And aplenty of it.
Like this
[linked image]
Except cooked. Just enough so it had bacony nom, nom, nomability.
Not explode into bacon dust bits first bite.
And a banana malt.
Mid-afternoon lunchy goodness.

Another place I remember is Steak and Shake.
None in Minnesota though.
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and more I think. Bing it up?
It was like a '50s-'60s malt shop and they did burgers. Not steaks.
The burgers were ground steak. And when cooked and done up, the burger tasted like a steak.
Delish. Great onion rings and shakes too.

Everybody..Have fun tonight.
Everybody.....Wang Chung tonight.....

Respond to this message   

Becky
(Login yayforsquirrels)
Team Everything

April 2 2012, 11:12 PM 

Caps, Mrs Winners is no more as far as I know. Both the Union store and the summer/sycamore view store are closed for sure. It's a shame because their chicken biscuits and sweet tea were so awesome! Also, Subway sucks when you can have Lenny's instead. Chicken Philly mmmmm!

"I don't really know, but I suspect the addition of nuts." - Squid

Respond to this message   

Funk
(Login Funkenstien)
Team Specific

April 3 2012, 9:31 AM 

I'd say burgers are my favorite fast food, so excellent burger joints would be my favorite restaurants. 5 Guys is the best national chain I've been able to find.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 3 2012, 9:42 AM 

Caps, I know you hated the job but do you still make your own home made biscuits? That would be nice to have on a Saturday morning.

Respond to this message   

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Team Everything

April 11 2012, 1:50 PM 

haha.jpg 

Damnit, where was this image when all this was going down? happy.gif

Respond to this message   

potato
(Login potato222)
Team Everything

April 11 2012, 3:28 PM 

I just went to Five Guys this afternoon for the first time. Damn, those burgers are good. I think that's my new favorite. It's weird, though, that their regular size burgers are double burgers and what they call "little burgers" (which I assumed were kid-sized burgers) are actually normal size.

Respond to this message   
Arwen
(no login)

April 11 2012, 4:41 PM 

Yeah, I was shocked the first time too. I like getting more than my money's worth happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login Lizzlee)
Team Specific

April 11 2012, 5:21 PM 

Well, then, put it in the SHOCKING thread!!!

Respond to this message   
smirk
(no login)

April 12 2012, 11:08 AM 

Here's a dude with some advice for Burger King.

http://storify.com/ZODIAC_MF/burger-king-1

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

April 12 2012, 11:34 AM 

I don't get the fascination with 5 Guys. How's about serving me a single burger and a reasonable amount of fries at a reasonable price instead of charging me $12 for extra food I don't need or want. Hmmm? Also - season the patty, please. Not worth the price unless you're Andre the Giant or you want to "split it." Which I don't.

I would ask Zodiac MF'er - why not stop going to Burger King, dude? Nothing else to twit about?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Fav Fast Food
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!