<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Fav Fast Food

March 31 2012 at 4:11 AM
AnonoAnnoy  (no login)

Whats UR favorite fast food?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jen
(Login JenBunny)
Angels

Re: Fav Fast Food

March 31 2012, 6:49 AM 

Without even a seclond's heistoation, HUngry Jack's Bacoin doublecjhees buirger deluxe.

This liuttl;e beauty hates ne as much as i Love it.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   

spacetrucker
(Login spacetrucker)
Angels

March 31 2012, 10:30 PM 

Don't get me started.

Just thinkin' about all the junk I like makes me The Moose With Loose Poops.
[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Everybody..Have fun tonight.
Everybody.....Wang Chung tonight.....

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(Login CitizenB)
Angels

April 1 2012, 12:10 AM 

Wendy's small chili and a small fries...

Respond to this message   

CapsLock
(Login HOLDSDOWNSHIFTKEY)
Angels

April 1 2012, 10:15 AM 

I'll say Subway. Cold cuts, fresh veggies (and they're usually pretty fresh at the ones I go to), and bread. Simple.

I don't understand when people tell me they HATE subway. How can you dislike a ham and cheese sandwich so much?

Respond to this message   
DENG VIOLATER
(Login DENG_VIOLATER)

April 1 2012, 10:24 AM 

I like placenta sandwiches

Respond to this message   

Hip C
(Login Hepatitis_C)
Angels

April 1 2012, 11:11 AM 

I like Subway's bread, but their meat always has a strange aftertaste. I think it is the preservatives they use or something.

Respond to this message   

jiggy
(Login opdm)
Angels

April 1 2012, 11:57 AM 

LJS all the way!

Respond to this message   

jiggy
(Login opdm)
Angels

April 1 2012, 11:59 AM 

double post

This message has been edited by opdm on Apr 1, 2012 12:00 PM

Respond to this message   

Dr. Zhivago
(Login Dr.Zhivago)
Devils

April 1 2012, 12:10 PM 

I don't like Subway at all. Mostly because of the bread - crust is too hard. For grinders, I like D'Angelos a lot and Blimpies is ok, too.

Favorite fast food is McDonald's, though. Big Mac, no pickles or onions.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

Respond to this message   

Rainy
(Login rainyz)
Devils

April 1 2012, 12:49 PM 

I like Wendy's Homestyle chicken sandwich combo (#8 combo). I too like Subway, roasted chicken-Toasted with American cheese, everything but pickles and olives. Light Mayonnaise and sweet onion sauce.....no drink ever.

Respond to this message   

potato
(Login potato222)
Angels

April 1 2012, 4:31 PM 

(1.) Roy Rogers (Double R Bar Burger) --- No stores near me any more so they lose their number 1 spot.

1. Wendy's (Bacon Deluxe)
2. MsDonald's (Quarter Pounder)

Doc, do you remove the pickles and onions yourself or do you actually ask the McD people for a custom order? I used to like Quarter Pounders without cheese but I gave up ordering them that way because at the stores around me the people's heads would explode whenever I did that.

This message has been edited by potato222 on Apr 1, 2012 4:33 PM

Respond to this message   

Mevy
(Login mevin)

April 1 2012, 4:34 PM 

I don't think of Subway as being fast food, at least not in the same category as McD's and Yack in the Box. I like their honey oat bread a lot. Plus, you can pile on a lot of veggies, particularly fresh spinach.

Here's my favorite sandwich order at SW: Turkey, with cheddar, or swiss, toasted on honey oat. Then add avocado, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, black olives, and top it off with a little salt and pepper. With avocado you don't need any other dressing. Then if you get a footlong, you've got lunch and dinner, all for about 7 bucks. Eat fresh, bitches!

As far as actual fast food goes, about once every 6 months I crave a Burger King Whopper. They're like crack. And every time eat one I feel like Tyrone Biggums.

Respond to this message   

CapsLock
Angels

April 1 2012, 5:01 PM 

That sounds like a good sandwich. If we're going with just burger joints and taco bell as the definition of fast food, then I'm going with Arby's.

Respond to this message   

Smirkdirk
(Login Smirkdirk)
Devils

April 1 2012, 5:14 PM 

I eat a shitload of fast food. Its terrible.

That being said, most places have their ups and downs. In my recent experience, Burger King has very few ups. They're the new Hardees.

Hardees on the other hand has come quite a long way in the last decade. There's none in my immediate area so if I happen to be around one and am considering a fast food lunch, I'll usually go there.

Wendy's has been going downhill for quite a long time too. They just unburdened themselves of Arby's (did you know they owned them? They did.) and have tried to re-do their burgers and presentation. Its an improvement, but from the two locals I've visited, they still need work.

Arby's is still pretty reliable. The Market Fresh sandwiches in particular beat anything Subway has to offer. The wheat bread is welcome.

Subway is a great bargain. But something about their food is tasteless, or generic, or something... Like its been through the time machine in The Fly or something. Nearly every other sub shop chain has a better product, particularly when it comes to the meats. However, its hard for them to compete on the $5 to $7 price point... But one wonders what's being sacrificed to hit that price point.

The new Taco Bell Doritos Taco? Two thumbs up!

(I know, pathetic, isn't it?)

Respond to this message   

Louise
(Login jeez_louise)
Angels

April 1 2012, 6:09 PM 

Do you guys have A&W anymore? They opened one in my town a couple of weeks ago and it's better than the other fast food chains around (McDonald's, Wendy's and Dairy Queen - I'm not counting Subway. Burger King closed last year). Their Teen Burger is my favourite (extra pickles, no onion). Unfortunately they no longer do the carhop thing (I remember that being my favourite part of A&W when I was a kid). I wonder if that's been completely phased out or if there are still some who hang your food off your window.

Respond to this message   

CapsLock
Angels

April 1 2012, 6:15 PM 

Great post, Smirk.

The Fly reference is awesome.

Respond to this message   

Smirkdirk
(Login Smirkdirk)
Devils

April 1 2012, 7:04 PM 

Thanks, Caps!

We had an A&W that stayed open for all of 6 mos and then closed up shop. It was a little out of the way, but I did happen by it a couple times during its short life and liked it a lot. I recall a the burgers being extra cheesy.

Sonic does the carhop thing - a pretty average fast food experience overall.

Is it just me, or do I the sudden urge for Chik-Fil-A most frequently on Sundays, when they're busy being antiquated and closed?

Respond to this message   

Becky
(Login yayforsquirrels)
Angels

April 1 2012, 9:18 PM 

Chick-fil-a is the bomb.com. Pretty much everything on their breakfast menu makes my tummy happy, except the chicken egg and cheese bagel. I just can't bring myself to eat a whole family. So sad sad.gif

"I don't really know, but I suspect the addition of nuts." - Squid

Respond to this message   

Mevy
(Login mevin)

April 1 2012, 11:17 PM 

I haven't eaten at an Arby's in forever. I remember them having sandwiches that were about on par with the kind sold in little triangles in vending machines, I guess they've improved?

Downton Arby's:http://screen.yahoo.com/downton-arby-s-28723019.html Not brilliant, but pretty funny.

It's weird that you guys think of A&W as having better quality food. I used to work at one in high school, during the Regan Administration. It was fun then, but there menu has hardly changed at all in 25 years. The one's in CA are like walking into a depressing time machine. They have a few modern things like garden burgers and the ability to pay with ATM cards, but the decor is still 70's and the employees all have haircuts from 1982.

Here are the places where I just refuse to eat:

McDonald's
Jack in the Box
Carl's Jr
Wendy's
KFC
Taco Bell
IN-N-OUT
I-HOP (not really fast food, but still gross)
Chick Fil-A

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!