<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Baseball rant!

April 16 2012 at 3:19 PM
Theocracy  (Login TheArgyleGargoyle)
Team Everything

So...I'm a pretty big fan of the Braves. I have watched them pretty religiously in the past. I had to get cable when I lived in Georgia in order to watch them because they were obviously blacked out on MLB.tv, which was fine.

However,

I have now moved to SC and tried to watch a game on MLB.tv. Nope, they're blacked out here too. So I called the cable company. They opted not to pick up the channels that the Braves are on. MLB Extra Innings will have the games blacked out too because this is still considered Braves home area.

That means I'm pretty much just screwed out of seeing Braves games because there isn't enough interest in this area. Nobody will take my money to show me the games.

Fuck you MLB.

Rant over.

And now the important part: Anyone know how to actually change/throw an IP address with success to "trick" MLB.tv? Any other options I don't know about?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
CapsLock
(no login)

Re: Baseball rant!

April 16 2012, 3:22 PM 

TBS used to carry their games back in the day. I became a semi braves fan when I lived in Memphis because it was either them on TBS or White Sox on WGN. I couldn't stand the White Sox announcers.

TBS doesn't carry them anymore?

Respond to this message   

(Login TheArgyleGargoyle)
Team Everything

April 16 2012, 3:24 PM 

They stopped carrying them about 3 years ago. They now do one game on Sunday but it's not team specific, so it's rarely the Braves.

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

April 16 2012, 3:29 PM 

Yeah, I just looked it up. They stopped in 2007. That sucks. Those guys were fantastic.

Respond to this message   
Anny
(no login)

April 16 2012, 3:35 PM 

I used to watch this one site that was located in Switzerland and streamed live sporting events (among other things) but it was shut down.

But I do recall a friend telling me he found another site (maybe the same just renamed). I didn't really listen because it isn't football season, but I'll ask him and let you know, Theo.

Respond to this message   
Aurora
(no login)

April 16 2012, 3:36 PM 

This is the most recent one that my friend uses

http://www.vipbox.tv/

The other links he's sent me before have been shut down.

Respond to this message   
Anny
(no login)

April 16 2012, 3:39 PM 

OOOO! Good Rory! Have you tried that site? I am a skeerdy cat for viruses and let other people be my guinea pigs.

Respond to this message   
Aurora
(no login)

April 16 2012, 3:40 PM 

Yeah I watched a boston hockey game with it a couple weeks ago. Nothing bad happened ~knock on wood~

Respond to this message   
Appalled
(no login)

April 16 2012, 3:48 PM 

My advise is to root for the phillies.

Respond to this message   
Theocracy
Team Everything

April 16 2012, 4:25 PM 

Thanks Aurora and Anny.

Appy, I'm not willing to sacrifice my soul.

Respond to this message   

Team Everything

April 16 2012, 4:28 PM 

Caps - my dog is actually named after Skip Caray (son of Haray Caray). He occasionally did the broadcast on TBS, but was usually the radio guy. Died in August of 2008; I used to watch the games on TBS and listen to the radio broadcast because of him. Something about his method of announcing always made me think of him as a grandfather like figure. Both my grandpas died when I was very young so in a weird way the man in the radio was my replacement. I was absolutely heartbroken when he passed.

Respond to this message   

(Login Dr.Zhivago)
Team Specific

April 16 2012, 4:32 PM 

If you don't mind radio, you can listen to the mlb.tv radio broadcasts anywhere - no blackout restrictions.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

April 16 2012, 4:35 PM 

I totally get that. I remember Skip Caray. I didn't know he was dead or I had forgotten. He was great. That's a nice tribute, Theo.

Respond to this message   

Team Everything

April 16 2012, 4:47 PM 

Thanks, Caps.

Dr. Zh, that's what I'm surviving on right now. I do love baseball on the radio, but sometimes I just need to see Chipper crush the ball before he injures his oblique.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Baseball rant!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!