<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Log-in only please?

May 1 2012 at 12:18 PM

Squid Boy  (Login SquiddyBoy)
Devils

I just spent considerable time deleting.

Can we at least go log-in for a bit?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Truly Scrumptious
(Login TrulyScrumptious)
Devils

Re: Log-in only please?

May 1 2012, 12:23 PM 

I spent about 10 full minutes deleting this morning before I took Erin to school. The entire first page was Hall and Oates spam. It's getting quite monotonous.

Kool is our alpha male. He is our Air Supply and our REO Speedwagon.

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

May 1 2012, 12:28 PM 

It logs in as spammy whatfuckingever and just keeps doing it. What difference does it make, other than being a pain in the ass for people that want to read/post?

Respond to this message   

$8.00
(Login 8_Bucks)
Angels

May 1 2012, 1:29 PM 

So, after numerous people who had been posting here for years have asked Todd to make a change, the best he can come up with is giving the finger to the spammer, and posting the ip addresses of the proxy servers the spammer uses.

I'm sure the spammers feelings aren't hurt. I'm sure the providers of proxy servers will not care.

Todd says he "won't make a change because of whatever". Well, the "whatever" in this sentence is an outcry from the people who have supported him (in many ways) for years!!

So, to this I say "whatever". It's your board that's become a festering heap. You can keep it exactly as it is. I come here because my friends come here. But my friends are standing ankle deep in someone elses shit because you refuse to shut the door.

Whatever. I know. I've made my share of messes here in the past. I also cleaned up my act and in many cases said my apologies. So the first person who feels the need to point out my history should look up the word "whatever" to see if I care.

I guess the "whatever" response shouldn't be a surprise. But I expected Todd might actually get it. Apparently I was wrong.

The opinions expressed above are the sole opinions of the author and do not reflect actual human thought. Any resemblance to intelligent opinions is purely coincidental.

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

May 1 2012, 1:36 PM 

I would suggest calming down first off and then second I would take a look at what is really the issue. Surely it can not be a chat board troll that would warrant such emotions? I mean skip the posts and take a nap grouch!

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

May 1 2012, 1:40 PM 

Fuck off, Deng Moron.

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

May 1 2012, 1:39 PM 

So riddle me this - what does he owe YOU? You come here for free. Your friends come here for free. You're all pouting because he won't cave in to the 10,000th request to run this place the way YOU want it run? That's almost as amazing as the dedication of the Deng Moron. I don't think you're really considering tOdd's actual role here - he is the creator and the talent behind a character. He didn't intend for this board to happen. What do you gain by punishing him? So you all move to Facebook, or you start a new board somewhere else. Then what? This board becomes a cesspool of Deng Morons and anonymous attacks. So what do you lose? Listen to yourself. It's not fair, what you're saying. tOdd owes you no more than he owes the Deng Moron. He just happens to like and appreciate all of you, but that's not enough. Apparently.

Respond to this message   

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

May 1 2012, 1:42 PM 

We're not "all" pouting, anon.

Respond to this message   

Aurora
(Login CanadianRaven)
Angels

May 1 2012, 1:43 PM 

Well said anon, I agree.

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

May 1 2012, 1:44 PM 

Fair enough. But a lot are and it's unfair to turn it into some sort of Mexican standoff making tOdd out to be the bad guy here.

Respond to this message   

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

May 1 2012, 1:46 PM 

I agree with you, anonny. I said so on FB too. HA! The irony! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

May 1 2012, 1:47 PM 

Well, isn't that something?

Respond to this message   

Appalled
(Login Appalled)
Angels

May 1 2012, 1:49 PM 

I couldn't agree with that anon more.

And the way to fight the deng violator is to populate the board with fun posts and delete/ignore the spam. but all the whinning has got to stop, asked and answered, a million times over.

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

May 1 2012, 1:51 PM 

Appy is right. Again.

It's got to stop, all of it. Delete it. Post stuff you want to read. You got the "power" to delete for a reason. Use it and move on. It will eventually go away, just like every other annoying asshole has for the last 10 years.

Respond to this message   

Squid Boy
(Login SquiddyBoy)
Devils

May 1 2012, 1:55 PM 

Can I just say I don't understand?

I'm not yelling at tOdd or anything, and I reject that characterization because I have an opinion here. I try every so often when this comes up, but because I just don't get what others think is at stake?

This is all I think the 'moderated board' crowd wants:

If you want to post here, you have to send an email to someone, who then turns on posting for you. You can make up any name in the world when you do that, you just can't have 10 names.

That's it. Not moving the board, not moderating content any more than banning someone who did the above who started to be a dick in serious ways, that's it.

How is that the end of freedom or creativity? What would stop happening?

All the bluster seems weird to me? It's so easy to fix this and nothing is lost? What's lost?

I'm not mad at tOdd. I respect him greatly. He got laid off from a b.s. dot-com bubble job, and subsequently got a decade out of being silly in ways that made me laugh very hard. He's not a Saint for that, but I like him a bunch for it!

Respond to this message   

Appalled
(Login Appalled)
Angels

May 1 2012, 1:57 PM 

But he's already said no a thousand million times. Let's give it a rest for a while and fight the deng violator together, whaddya say?

Respond to this message   

Squid Boy
(Login SquiddyBoy)
Devils

May 1 2012, 1:58 PM 

He's never said why he's said no. If he says why, I'll stop asking.

Respond to this message   
AnonoBoBo
(no login)

Does anyone else just see blah blah blah above?

Respond to this message   

Aurora
(Login CanadianRaven)
Angels

The point isn't what is lost, the point isn't that it is easy, the point is Todd said no, so stop asking. Yall are being like Appy's neice.

Respond to this message   

Squid Boy
(Login SquiddyBoy)
Devils

May 1 2012, 1:59 PM 

Excuse me, but that's disrespectful. I do not appreciate that one bit Aurora.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!