<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Fresh Prince might be a dick...

May 19 2012 at 12:59 PM
A Citizen  (no login)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login DJ.)
AAA

Re: Fresh Prince might be a dick...

May 19 2012, 1:05 PM 

A man tries to kiss him on the mouth in front of a million people without permission and Will Smith is a dick? I don't think so. That dude's smirk after he got lightly back-handed told me all I need to know. He's lucky he didn't walk away with a broken nose.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

May 19 2012, 1:17 PM 

walts fat anus

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(no login)

May 19 2012, 1:37 PM 

The dick part was the parting slap- then the "It's all good" comment.

Respond to this message   
'neady
(no login)

May 19 2012, 2:05 PM 

I don't blame him for getting skeeved but I think pushing the kisser away would have sufficed.

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(no login)

May 19 2012, 3:12 PM 

Totally

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

May 19 2012, 3:36 PM 

Bullshit. He's not in the wrong here.

Respond to this message   

(Login Hepatitis_C)
AAA

May 19 2012, 4:39 PM 

How dare he not allow a total stranger to kiss him on the mouth. What an ass!

Something tells me that dude has a cash settlement in his future.

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(no login)

May 19 2012, 4:44 PM 

Image. If he just would have left it at a push back, he would have been fine. The extra slap was wrong and makes him look a little homophobic. I am sure he was cranky, doing press junkets- and everything. But still. A push back, then a non-story...

The other thing that is cranking me a little about Will is that he is whoring his son again. Supposedly, he and Jaden were at the White House and they asked the Presidents about "aliens"...right around the time MIB3 comes out?

Dick.

Respond to this message   

Louise
(Login jeez_louise)
AAA

May 19 2012, 5:11 PM 

If I was walking along and a total stranger tried to kiss me, my knee-jerk reaction might be to smack them, too.

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(no login)

May 19 2012, 5:16 PM 

You think the two goons behind him would have jumped in-

My favorite bit is the horrified expression on his publicists face-

Respond to this message   
Lea
(no login)

May 19 2012, 9:19 PM 

Aw, hell naw! Will is not a dick for that one bit. The little back hand pat to the dude's face wasnt even a dick move.

Respond to this message   
mar
(no login)

May 20 2012, 2:42 AM 

I wonder if a lawsuit is in the future. It could be a tricky case.
To me, the kisser guy's behaviour after he was cuffed was odd.

Respond to this message   
Kathleen
(no login)

May 20 2012, 7:58 AM 

Supposedly, the reporter is famous for making passes at/being too affectionate with the people he approaches to interview. It's his "interview style"....or schtick, if you ask me.

From PopWatch on Entertainment Weekly's web site:

Yesterday PopWatch brought you the viral video of a stunned Will Smith giving a Ukranian reporter a little smack after the man went in for a sloppy kiss at the Men In Black III Moscow premiere. Some of the comments were outraged, with accusations against Smith ranging from homophobia to ignorance of European cultural etiquette. PopWatchs revelation that the hand-checked man in question was Vitalii Sediuk, a semi-notorious snickerer of a TV journalist who is known for such stunts didnt seem to cut the conversation short.

Folks, look at that picture. Smith appears genuinely put out, which strikes me as a reasonable response to a stranger trying to smush his or her tongue in your mouth. Meanwhile Sediuk is grinning like an idiot, well aware that hes hit pay dirt by eliciting such a swift and dramatic response from such an affable movie star. Sediuk is the same fellow who, with feigned earnestness, gave a scornful Madonna that bouquet of hydrangeas. Admittedly, she behaved like a miserable snot but the craven videos of Sediuk smugly preening about her poor form are equally obnoxious.

I think Will Smith is a dick, but not because of this. If someone did something like that to me, that offended me/grossed me out/made me real mad, I wouldn't stop to think "Hmmm....should I hit him in the face or just give him a little shove?" I'd be thinking, "Fuck you, dude....get away from me."

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(no login)

May 20 2012, 8:21 AM 

So why do you think Smith is a dick Kathleen?

Respond to this message   
Kathleen
(no login)

May 20 2012, 11:38 AM 

I don't really know.

I think he's talented and funny, but he seems to lack any sort of tiny trace of humility. He seemed to buy his son he role in remake of the Karate Kid and then pay the hottest musical act around to record a song for it. Maybe his son loves acting. Maybe his son loves Justin Bieber and begged his dad to pull some strings. But maybe not. He and wife kind of come off as full of themselves, and have revealed a little TMI about their sex life and their successful marriage. When their son appeared on David Letterman and acted like a total a**hole, Will Smith seemed amused. Their 11 year old daughter dresses completely inappropriately, IMO, but he and Jada go on and on about their traditional family values and strict rules.

Eh. Whatevs. I don't care that much but when asked, I can come with a few reasons why I just don't care for him. happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login Smirkdirk)
EEE

May 20 2012, 11:47 AM 

Will Smith is really likeable and tends to choose roles in good movies and pull them off well, however, like Kath, I do feel his whole parenting style sucks, and the foisting of his kids off on the public really sucks.

Here's some Willow Smith for ya: If I had to change one thing about my life, it would probably be, I wouldnt be famous, said Willow in front of her mother and grandmother. Because when youre famous its so hard. Lets say if a regular girl is going to the book store, its ten times harder to go everywhere [when you're famous]. But some people are like, Oh, its so easy, and Im like, As fast as you can get there, its going to take me ten more minutes to get there. Because I have to call security.

Fuck You, Willow Smith. You're not famous. You suck. And have you heard of Amazon?

As far as this incident, fuck that dude. If he did that to any female celebrity and she smacked him it would be seen as completely justified. And in this case its justified too. You don't get all up into someone's personal space and assault them with your lips, gay or not gay. Then to accuse someone of homophobia because they're like wtf? It gives gay-dom a bad name, because the majority of gay people aren't going to pull those kind of shenanigans and this is just the sort of thing that reinforces bad gay stereotypes. So fuck this dude.

As much as I hate Ted Nugent, I'd love to see this asshole pull this shit on him.

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(no login)

May 20 2012, 11:55 AM 

Yeah- but did you see the kissing dudes eyes?? DREAMY!!!

Respond to this message   

(Login Smirkdirk)
EEE

May 20 2012, 11:59 AM 

The Nuge agrees!

Actually I just watched it again and I think Smith's recovery was pretty good.

Respond to this message   
Balti
(no login)

May 20 2012, 7:40 PM 

I agree with Kathleen.

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(no login)

May 21 2012, 9:22 AM 

Interesting to see the spin on the Today Show. They had Will re-doing his "Parents Don't Understand" bit on a talk show.

THEN they showed the slap down. It was like, "Hey! Remember how fun I WAS?"

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

May 21 2012, 9:28 AM 

"slap down". Come on! He taps him with the back of his hand.

Respond to this message   
AnonoPajama
(no login)

May 21 2012, 9:30 AM 

If I hadn't read that bit up there about this guy being a douchey shock-type red carpet whatever dude, I would have thought he was doing the double-cheek kiss greeting that Europeans do, then looking really embarrassed when rebuffed. Will turned his face into, and their mouths got close.

This is a big deal? We live in a sad little world.

Respond to this message   

CapsLock
(Login HOLDSDOWNSHIFTKEY)
AAA

May 21 2012, 9:32 AM 

Have you lost faith in mankind? Because this board is the place to come to restore it, I tell ya what.

Respond to this message   
AnonoPajama
(no login)

May 21 2012, 9:33 AM 

Ain't it the truth.

Respond to this message   
AnonoPajama
(no login)

May 21 2012, 9:35 AM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
A Citizen
(no login)

May 21 2012, 10:05 AM 

I love that!

Respond to this message   

(Login SquiddyBoy)
EEE

May 21 2012, 10:36 AM 

OMG I love that animated gif. So perfect. I'm glad the red dude just skates away. Not that he deserved it, but it was understandible that he got it!

So many cool emotions on display in such a tiny thing!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Fresh Prince might be a dick...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!