<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Wedding stories

May 21 2012 at 3:54 PM

DJ  (Login DJ.)
Angels

Per Anny's request.

I'm not sure if any of these are funny but trying to plan a wedding in a teeny, tiny small town has been very challenging to say the least. My florist doesn't own a computer because she "don't care for those things" so I had to print out photos of my ideas/wants and mail her an effing package. Then she's going to fax me a quote sometime before, oh, the wedding day.

These are our RSVP cards: (excuse the crude scan - they're actually really pretty)

rsvp.JPG 

I've already gotten a few that don't have any names written in. Just a yes or a no and something like "can't wait!!" I put our address on the front and back of the envelope since they were dark gray and I used white ink but I thought this would be self-explanatory. So now I'll have to write ??? WHO CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS on a few place cards.

Then there's the bride brain thing I talked about last week. The dress shop lady who told me my dress would look better if my stomach was smaller. Thanks, bitch! And my farmer's tan. Everything is coming along nicely! Heh.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

Re: Wedding stories

May 21 2012, 4:02 PM 

I LOVE your RSVP cards! Seriously!

I have a wedding to go to first week of June. I got that Jergens slo-go moisturizing tanner stuff this weekend. I have never spray tanned. Are you going to? Have you done so before?

ETA: What did you pick/want for flowers? Flowers are expensive, no?

This message has been edited by AnnyBoo on May 21, 2012 4:02 PM

Respond to this message   

DJ
(Login DJ.)
Angels

May 21 2012, 4:15 PM 

I've done the booth spray tan a few times but that last time I was a streaky, orange mess and found out the next day the booth had malfunctioned. Awesome. I was going to try the new BB lotions or else get sprayed by a person who can do it right.

I want a table-scape type of centerpiece with purple & white flowers, moss, tree slices and mason jars with river rocks and candles. I'm also adding a little glam suprise but I'll wait to show pictures of that later. I have tons of photos at home that I can show later.

And thanks! I worked really hard on the inviations and was super happy with how they turned out. I'll scan the whole thing tonight and show you. happy.gif

This message has been edited by DJ. on May 21, 2012 4:16 PM

Respond to this message   

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

May 21 2012, 4:19 PM 

COOL! Can't wait! I have been dying for sneak peeks!!

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

May 21 2012, 4:22 PM 

I've only done the booth spray tan a few times but it always came out good. If you use the cream self tanner just make sure to either wear gloves or scrub the shit out of your palms afterwards, or you'll end up look like you just tugged off an oompa loompa.

Respond to this message   

whitey
(Login whYtee)

May 21 2012, 4:20 PM 

grabs orange highlighter

Respond to this message   

DJ
(Login DJ.)
Angels

May 21 2012, 4:25 PM 

At the rate we're spending money you might have to!

Respond to this message   

Funk
(Login Funkenstien)
Devils

May 21 2012, 4:28 PM 

Nice original RSVP form. I thought one of the bad things about spray tans is that they actually appear to change colors under different lights. That's why people come out more orange-looking in photographs, because at the moment they are photographed they are under the spectrum-altering effect of the photographers' flash bulb. If this is true, the spray tan would be risky as there would be quite a few flash bulbs at the wedding. Would getting a natural tan be an option?

Respond to this message   

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Angels

May 21 2012, 6:10 PM 

Great idea DJ happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Balti
(no login)

May 21 2012, 6:18 PM 

Love the RSVP cards!

As for the tan, go to a high-end salon and get the exfoliating treatment followed by the tanner. Hell, just have a ridiculous day of beauty. You're already spending a lot of money on the wedding, so you should feel your best.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

May 21 2012, 6:25 PM 

Speaking of Weddings...

I've been on a wedding kick lately. No immediate plans but I have notified Guitar Boy that I am planning a wedding that I don't anticipate having any time soon, just in case he stumbles across my browsing history.

My top dress picks

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I like this one but I don't think it would look good on me. It's the dress from Breaking Dawn.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

May 21 2012, 6:38 PM 

Ooops, I posted one twice. I meant to post this instead - It's from the Disney dress collection, the "Snow White" dress.

[linked image]

http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/styles/211

Respond to this message   

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

May 21 2012, 6:41 PM 

You already know I am all over those Disney bridal dresses!

Respond to this message   
Balti
(no login)

May 21 2012, 6:45 PM 

I like the first dress. I like the bodice on the Snow White dress, but too much fluffy tulle for my taste.

Respond to this message   

whitey
(Login whYtee)

May 21 2012, 6:43 PM 

I see you're a big fan of the tulle.

I hate myself...

Respond to this message   
Balti
(no login)

May 21 2012, 6:47 PM 

Yeah, hating yourself would be appropriate when discussing tulle.

Respond to this message   

Anny
(Login AnnyBoo)
Angels

May 21 2012, 6:49 PM 

There was a dress on SYTTD that I totally freaked out over. It was a Pnina Tornai and $20,000. But it was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen in my life.

Respond to this message   
Balti
(no login)

May 21 2012, 6:54 PM 

Her dresses are gorgeous! Not quite my taste, but they are exquisite.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

May 21 2012, 6:57 PM 

That's why I liked those dresses mostly.. They hover between 800-1000. I didn't notice the tulle ratio was up there.

Respond to this message   
Balti
(no login)

May 21 2012, 6:59 PM 

Step away from the tulle! No tulle on ladies who are over 35!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!